Napa at Eastwood Village - KB Homes

Just a stone throw away from the biggest and most modern built landfill in CA, and perhaps all of the USA! I can see great resale values in the not too distant future. A must buy in Irvine if you ask me!

I am also keeping an Eye out on Napa new construction. The model is being built. I have put myself on the interest list to start. Based on the current prices, I am thinking the price may start at 1.6 million for the 3000 sqt. If it's going to be similar to Belvedere, I certainly regret not buying it back when Belvedere was selling in the 1.1 to 1.2 Range in 2016-2017 for plan 1.

I was looking closely at Calistoga when it was introduced and really like the lots in the supposedly Calistoga extension bordering Hicks Canyon Trail. 

Now Napa is going to build at these remaining lots, it pique my interest.  I have my eye set on 101-104 next to Imagination Trail & Wheat.  :)

Attachments

• Calistoga northern lot map.jpg
    Calistoga northern lot map.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 522
Irvinehomeseeker said:
I am also keeping an Eye out on Napa new construction. The model is being built. I have put myself on the interest list to start. Based on the current prices, I am thinking the price may start at 1.6 million for the 3000 sqt. If it's going to be similar to Belvedere, I certainly regret not buying it back when Belvedere was selling in the 1.1 to 1.2 Range in 2016-2017 for plan 1.

Well, look at it this way.  If you had invested in QQQ in mid-2016, you'd be up about 110% right now.  That's better than your ~40% property value gains. 

paydawg said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Well, look at it this way.  If you had invested in QQQ in mid-2016, you'd be up about 110% right now.  That's better than your ~40% property value gains.

If you had bought any plan from Delano at EW when it was first introduced back in 2017, you would have easily made free $200k by now.

Anyone can invest in the market as long as you have the funds. How many Delano phase 1 homes are there, even if you had the funds you may not be able to buy. 

Mety said:
paydawg said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

If you had bought any plan from Delano at EW when it was first introduced back in 2017, you would have easily made free $200k by now.

paydawg said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

But that's assuming you bought for all cash.  If you put 20% the power over leverage would have worked for buying an Irvine home.

USCTrojanCPA said:
paydawg said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

But that's assuming you bought for all cash.  If you put 20% the power over leverage would have worked for buying an Irvine home.

Fully agreed.  If you're levered, the lower property gains can work in your favor.  So many factors at play, including how much your levered by, transaction costs, tax benefits, property tax and MR expenses annually, etc. etc. 

I guess my main point was that people shouldn't lament foregoing big property appreciation if they could've bought earlier.  My guess is they probably had their money working for them in other investments. 

It looks the floor plans for Solano from KB homes is identical to the Elderberry floor plans. So nothing unique floor plan wise.
Waiting to see how much Solano will get priced at when it opens.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
It looks the floor plans for Solano from KB homes is identical to the Elderberry floor plans. So nothing unique floor plan wise.
Waiting to see how much Solano will get priced at when it opens.

You don't like resales?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Grand opening for Napa this weekend...the Model is ready. I was told these will be priced around 1.5 million.

Don't you think Barcelona at Spectrum or The Groves at OH are better at that price point?

Barcelona I think is motor court while this one is true SFR with driveway. Not sure about the Grove at OH...is it zoned to TUSD? I guess with Napa being zoned to IUSD and with Eastwood being viewed as premium, KB is pricing that at 1.5 mil Mark. Look at Delano ...you may think why someone would pay 850K for a plan 1 that USC is going to list.

You talkin' about Delano?

Believe me. I've been saying that's the hottest product at Irvine's history. I've been providing appreciation price history although some people are still in denial just because it's a condo.

Anyways, your reasons seem legit. Stay cool.

I too never understood the appeal of Delano...especially the  plan 1 that's sandwiched. But the appreciation on Delano is    possibly the highest. Piedmont in EW also doing well.

Honestly, I think it was just the right timing with a bit of luck. Started to sell at the beginning of the acceleration of the RE appreciation at the highest rate and sold out at the almost end of it (if the market doesn't go up from now on). Also at the time, Stonegate lost Northwood High and Eastwood got it instead which drew many people's attention. But then again Northwood High is fed from both villages now. Maybe a smart TIC marketing move?

Back