Author Topic: Katie Porter's vote for impeachment!  (Read 1520 times)

Offline frank69m

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 20
Katie Porter's vote for impeachment!
« on: December 17, 2019, 06:36:03 PM »
Let's see if she votes on party lines or if she votes based on what her district really wants.

If it turns out that Trump is impeached, which I think he will, it's obviously a farse because it's a vote is partisan which should be wrong by default.

In any case, I think if she votes for impeachment, I think we need to work on getting her bat girl A#$ out of office next round.

If the evidence presented constitutes a vote for impeachment, if you check past presidents, most of them should have been impeached. It's complete trash that's splitting this country.

Vote Republican next round and get rid of Bat Girl if she votes for impeachment! Rigged process that's dangerous.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 356
  • -Received: 622
Re: Katie Porter's vote for impeachment!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 08:15:56 PM »
Why do you have to start a new thread? Haha
I will control this one also.  ;)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 08:22:12 PM »
It’s plain and simple he asked a foreign country to investigate his political opponent. Trump even asked China to investigate Biden talking reporters. Unbelievable!

(Sounds kind of desperate)

Offline Kangen.Irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 83
  • -Received: 28
    • Change Your Water, Change Your Life!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 08:30:56 PM »
Either way, people need to voice their opinion to their elected official in addition to expressing their view here.

Congresswoman Katie Porter may be reached at (202) 225-5611.

Leave a message expressing your views in favor or against both articles of impeachment.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 08:43:24 PM »
Unfortunately the other congresswoman that left voted to remove the salt deductions from homeowners. So why should I buy a house to upgrade. I can’t offset my income and count on the deductions. I’ll just stay in my current shack.  ;)
Also, she voted to eliminate entertainment expenses. So businesses can't deduct most entertainment expenses.

I can’t tell you how much this sucks. I mean business can still spend on entertainment, but they can’t deduct it legally. Only if they knew how this was beneficial for businesses. Politicians don’t get it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 09:26:28 PM by eyephone »

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 304
  • -Received: 300
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 06:32:06 AM »
ready for the big day today!

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 581
  • -Received: 399
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 10:26:48 AM »
Trump is polling his highest approval rating since May and he is now beating all of the Dem challengers in head-to-head match ups.  I say let's keep the impeachment charade going all year!

Offline frank69m

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 20
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 11:58:36 AM »
Trump is polling his highest approval rating since May and he is now beating all of the Dem challengers in head-to-head match ups.  I say let's keep the impeachment charade going all year!

Regardless, I don't believe Katie Porter represents our district and instead, is only protecting her political career. She's just Pelosi's puppet. The vote being this partisan proves that it's just all party line politics.  She doesn't represent our district and I think she needs to be gone next round.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 01:24:55 PM »

Regardless, I don't believe Katie Porter represents our district and instead, is only protecting her political career. She's just Pelosi's puppet. The vote being this partisan proves that it's just all party line politics.  She doesn't represent our district and I think she needs to be gone next round.

Hold up. I think you don’t represent our values. You must have been heart broken when they all loss Orange County. They were even endorsed by the local newspaper.

It’s okay to pay a little more taxes. No it’s not!

Just like I was right against Measure B. The previous member and I didn’t like it. We gave our option about it and guess what they loss. (No money spent, some people call it like a miracle)

It’s obvious I know what I’m talking about. Business people know exactly what I’m talking about when it comes to taxes. People who bought in Eastwood were blessed with the gains. I heard some people said it was kind because of me and the other guy. (Marketing campaign, free of charge of course but we delivered began and trust began)
People that owned homes that are high value got screwed due to the fact they can’t deduct the taxes like before.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 02:32:04 PM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 02:34:17 PM »
I even got a message the other month thanking me for talking about Eastwood.

Offline Kangen.Irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 83
  • -Received: 28
    • Change Your Water, Change Your Life!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2019, 06:06:33 PM »
Porter was elected fairly and we should respect that, but I believe she will face a much tougher challenge if the Republicans select a strong primary candidate. Every candidate has their supporters; Porter benefited greatly from the votes of UCI students who might not vote for her now that she is not on campus. Walters lost votes more than Porter earned them. In the end, we should all be ready for numerous ads.

Offline gpquest

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 11
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2019, 11:13:07 AM »
Porter was elected fairly and we should respect that, but I believe she will face a much tougher challenge if the Republicans select a strong primary candidate. Every candidate has their supporters; Porter benefited greatly from the votes of UCI students who might not vote for her now that she is not on campus. Walters lost votes more than Porter earned them. In the end, we should all be ready for numerous ads.

Mayor Don Sedgwick for the 45th District!

https://sedgwickforcongress.com/

Offline gpquest

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2019, 11:16:55 AM »
It’s plain and simple he asked a foreign country to investigate his political opponent. Trump even asked China to investigate Biden talking reporters. Unbelievable!

(Sounds kind of desperate)

Nonsense!

This is quid-pro-quo, committed by Joe Biden (clear evidence in audio and video):

2018: Joe Biden Brags At CFR Meeting About Withholding Aid To Ukraine To Force Firing Of Prosecutor

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/27/flashback_2018_joe_biden_brags_at_cfr_meeting_about_withholding_aid_to_ukraine_to_force_firing_of_prosecutor.html

Offline gpquest

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »
Unfortunately the other congresswoman that left voted to remove the salt deductions from homeowners. So why should I buy a house to upgrade. I can’t offset my income and count on the deductions. I’ll just stay in my current shack.  ;)
Also, she voted to eliminate entertainment expenses. So businesses can't deduct most entertainment expenses.

I can’t tell you how much this sucks. I mean business can still spend on entertainment, but they can’t deduct it legally. Only if they knew how this was beneficial for businesses. Politicians don’t get it.

Jobless and in a crap shack. Stay that way and spend your entire day posting on TI.

Offline gpquest

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2019, 11:27:01 AM »
Katie Porter is a stooge for Pelosi and her gang of Trump haters (Nadler, Schiff and the un-American Squad).

Is this the type of person you want representing the 45th District (Irvine)?

What a shame!!!

VOTE HER OUT!!!

https://pluralist.com/katie-porter-batgirl-halloween-costume/

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Some quick observations as a buyer in Irvine by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 05:34:28 PM]

Re: coronavirus by Compressed-Village