Tesla Cybertruck

daedalus

No thread yet on the Cybertruck?  Maybe it'll look OK in 5 years, after my style senses have had time to recalibrate, but right now this thing sprinted out of the ugly forest and hit every tree on the way out.

106259839-1574398094841cybertruck-web.jpg

That thing is fugly but I think it will sell.  It?s just a shame because they could have done something artistic and masterful with the talent they have but instead they took the drawing of a truck from a kindergarten child and made it reality.

Trying to ignore the design for a moment, the specs and pricing are pretty impressive. But it?s more than a year away.

Elon must be a fan of Mad Max.

What was cool was the electronic rolling bed cover, the tailgate ramp, the adjustable height, and the 6 person seating.

It?s not like Elon didn?t warn us the Cybertruck would look like nothing before.  ;D

I just read that production will start end of 2021, it?s so far off that this unveil really doesn?t matter much.

I?m much more curious about the Mach-e.

Also, only $100 deposit if you want to buy ahead. Fully refundable.

Yeah, this thing will sell like crazy and every other motor company will make their trucks look like that from then.

(Unless the great slow down comes and hits the global market hard by that time.)

The cybertruck appears to have a very small radar cross section. I wonder if it can defeat law enforcement radar guns.

f-117-drop2.jpg

Mety said:
Also, only $100 deposit if you want to buy ahead. Fully refundable.

Yeah, this thing will sell like crazy and every other motor company will make their trucks look like that from then.

(Unless the great slow down comes and hits the global market hard by that time.)

Seasonal!!!

I thought this was ugly also. I thought it was a joke at first. But more and more I look at it and seeing some test drives on Youtube, I think this is actually where the future of car/truck designs are headed. When you see this in Irvine, you're going to feel like you're in a movie set or something. Those people who swear by F-150 will not get interested in these electric vehicles anyways. But you'll see Ford and GMC will introduce more and more of these futuristic looking trucks. They might start slowly though. The stainless finish is something I can see them copying first.

Also the starting price at $39k is not bad. I would actually think of getting this instead of the model Y if I were to buy a Tesla vehicle.

That glass breaking demo was questionable though. I almost think they've done that on purpose to drive some virals on social media.

Tesla dipped 6% today after the beasts unveiling.  I bought some out of the money calls for next week in hopes that Tesla announces the number of pre orders on Sun or Mon and wall st takes kindly to it.

I've painfully learned not to bet against Musk.  But after watching the breaking windows clip a few times, I wouldn't bet on him on this one either.

Rumors have it based on some internet sleuths that reservation numbers are huge...who knows though. I put in $100 for it (refundable so who cares).

Cares said:
Rumors have it based on some internet sleuths that reservation numbers are huge...who knows though. I put in $100 for it (refundable so who cares).

That?s what I like to hear, fuel those rumors.  Hope Tesla makes some pre order announcement over the weekend.

Bought $352.50 calls for .35, Nov29 exp.

Impressive price and specs but wow is that truck ugly. At least no one will easily break into the vehicle like the Model 3.

I think the Y is going to be one of Tesla?s best selling models.

The only EVs in the $40k rangr are the Kia and Hyundai and those are smaller.

Maybe VW?s Crozz ID can compete.

I think half would be quite optimistic.  This is a free option play for anyone who wants to daydream about buying a Tesla and who can scrape together a $100 callable loan.  The bar was higher with the Model 3, at $1000, so I would expect the conversion rate of actual buyers with a 90% smaller deposit would be even lower than it was with the 3. 
I'm sure Tesla loves it when the media claims they have $10B is "pre-orders".  The reality is no contracts have been signed, no revenue generated, and they're 2 years from production (ignoring Elon time).

I am keeping an open mind, but I need to see range predicts when the truck is being used as a truck.  Even with the max range model, can I load the family in it and a bunch of gear and make it to the mountains and back on one charge, factoring in ambient temps and the changes in elevation?  What if I'm pulling a small toy hauler with a couple quads?  Or maybe most buyers don't care about that.  Too many trucks out there being used as grocery getters and this one might be the biggest offender ever made.

All that said, the calls and the logic behind them were a darn good play.

Back