Looking for high end landscape/pool contractor

sealionbeast

Looking for a landscape/pool contractor for a large job.  I am more concerned with quality vs price.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

These guys do good work if you got the coin:https://bayrichconstruction.com

I see they had a 1 Star Yelp review but it?s mostly complaining about them being slow, not about bad quality.

I saw a house they did in Yorba Linda, awesome front and back yard with big pool, cost $250k total I think.

One of my favorite yards is the odd shaped view lot Alta (or Bella) Vista model with the huge pool and sunken bbq area.  If I had unlimited budget I?d try to find out who did that one.  Not sure if the sales office is still open there.

If you are looking for quality and less concerned about price then hire a good landscape architect.  The architect will have referrals to quality contractors.  Even the high end contractors tend to rehash old designs they've done before.  With a landscape architect you get something original designed for you with your preferences in mind.  Most importantly, you'll be able to get multiple construction bids on the same design which is impossible with a design created by a contractor. 

aquabliss said:

I see they had a 1 Star Yelp review but it?s mostly complaining about them being slow, not about bad quality.

I saw a house they did in Yorba Linda, awesome front and back yard with big pool, cost $250k total I think.

One of my favorite yards is the odd shaped view lot Alta (or Bella) Vista model with the huge pool and sunken bbq area.  If I had unlimited budget I?d try to find out who did that one.  Not sure if the sales office is still open there.

Thanks.  I actually just bought in Bella Vista, the sales office gave me the referral to the group that did that pool in Alta Vista.  Meeting with them this week, just wanted a few other opinions.  I got lucky and got a really large lot and looking to do something special.

sealionbeast said:
aquabliss said:

Thanks.  I actually just bought in Bella Vista, the sales office gave me the referral to the group that did that pool in Alta Vista.  Meeting with them this week, just wanted a few other opinions.  I got lucky and got a really large lot and looking to do something special.

Can you email/PM me the name of that contractor?  I'm looking to redo my front and rear landscaping plus I have 2-3 other clients who I can refer them to landscaping so maybe we can get a group deal.

sealionbeast said:
Looking for a landscape/pool contractor for a large job.  I am more concerned with quality vs price.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I highly recommend Swan Pools. Used them in 2016 and it was a great experience from start to finish.
Make sure to ask for Domi as your designer. He is awesome.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/swan-pools-lake-forest?utm_campaign=www_business_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Is it really worth to have a pool though? I personally would rather just build an additional studio or a man cave or something if there was enough space in our yard. I heard those who have a pool rarely use it and it's painful to maintain. Thoughts?

Mety said:
Is it really worth to have a pool though? I personally would rather just build an additional studio or a man cave or something if there was enough space in our yard. I heard those who have a pool rarely use it and it's painful to maintain. Thoughts?

Tired of using the Irvine community pools, where people invite their 60 member extended family and take over the entire area, BBQ, and leave trash and bones everywhere.

I will use the pool a lot and the hot tub everyday.

irvine buyer said:
If you are looking for quality and less concerned about price then hire a good landscape architect.  The architect will have referrals to quality contractors.  Even the high end contractors tend to rehash old designs they've done before.  With a landscape architect you get something original designed for you with your preferences in mind.  Most importantly, you'll be able to get multiple construction bids on the same design which is impossible with a design created by a contractor.

Agreed on the value of hiring a good architect.... In my neighborhood you can tell who hired an architect and who didn't and it makes a big difference and you are right the good architects who have been around a while will know which contractors are good to work with and not.

Mety said:

Worth is very hard to define. If we are talking just re-sale value, I think a properly done pool can add value especially for higher end homes.

In terms of use, I do use the spa more than the pool. But the pool and the water feature are eye candy even if you do not use it.

Salt water pools w/ pebble tec are becoming more of a trend. They are a lot easier to maintain than your traditional pools w/ white plaster.

Costs about $100 a month to hire pool maintenance company.

Southwinds/Legends. I've seen some of the larger yards in TR and they were great but not cheap. Who did the Alta Vista yards?

cheetos said:
Southwinds/Legends. I've seen some of the larger yards in TR and they were great but not cheap. Who did the Alta Vista yards?

Land Creative, landscape architects designed Alta Vista yards, they do a lot of Toll Brothers model homes

Splash Pools did the construction

irvine buyer said:

^^100% this.  We hired Land Concern as our landscape architect for our backyard landscape job, and though our lot is not as big as others in OH, when we bid our architectural plans, we selected the ones who were confident they could execute to the detail everything that was proposed.  As a matter of fact, when Keystone, the property management group for OH, received my landscape architecture plans, they were blown away at the level of detail provided.  That said, if you want to put your best foot forward for landscaping, start with a great landscape architect. 

Land Concern is regarded by many in the real estate industry, as some of the best in the business. http://landconcern.com/

Mety said:

It all depends. But in most cases may not be part of the MAX ROI equation. However, if you have a multimillion dollar home it may be expected to have a pool.

Kenkoko said:
Mety said:

Worth is very hard to define. If we are talking just re-sale value, I think a properly done pool can add value especially for higher end homes.

In terms of use, I do use the spa more than the pool. But the pool and the water feature are eye candy even if you do not use it.

Salt water pools w/ pebble tec are becoming more of a trend. They are a lot easier to maintain than your traditional pools w/ white plaster.

Costs about $100 a month to hire pool maintenance company.

Or do nothing at all. Straight up dirt backyard. Try not to laugh there are properties that have sold with out any work or minimal work. (Real story)

Maybe the no work yard is not for everybody. I mean I have an okay backyard. I get compliments here and there, but I?m like whatever?s about it.

Make sure you research the contractor. We all heard the stories on TI when the contractor gets the money and leave, does a crappy job, doesn?t complete the project, etc.

I know someone that went like really cheap. Let?s ?s just say the pavers are not aligned properly and not leveled.
I know another person that the sprinklers doesn?t work properly. (the contractor doesn?t pick up the phone)

eyephone said:
Mety said:

It all depends. But in most cases may not be part of the MAX ROI equation. However, if you have a multimillion dollar home it may be expected to have a pool.

For me it's not about ROI, it's about having a backyard where I want to spend time and my son and his friends can come over hang out, swim, and have fun.

sealionbeast said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

For me it's not about ROI, it's about having a backyard where I want to spend time and my son and his friends can come over hang out, swim, and have fun.

Whatever works for you and your family. We're fine with the community pool for now, but I guess if we had a huge yard, we might also want to consider. Good luck!

sealionbeast said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

+1 Life is not all about ROI, at least not tangible ROI.  I have a pool and will remodel it and add a spa along with redoing my landscaping in the front and back yard.  I'll be lucky to probably get 50 cent on the dollar but that's fine because it'll be enjoy the home for many years.

Back