Advice -- where in Irvine to live for Fountain Valley/Tustin commute

bananaphone

Hello all.  My husband just got a job near Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley.  I work near the 5 and Tustin Ranch.

I was hoping for some advice on Irvine (or Fountain Valley) neighborhoods that would optimize our commute, and also have good schools. Our kids are in elementary, and we would be looking for a detached SFR--we can go up to $1m if we have to, though it'd be nice to stay lower.

Just based on the map, there seem to be so many different neighborhoods on the route that I'm not sure where to start.  So I think a suggestion from someone with local knowledge would be helpful.

We've been renting in West Irvine and we love its proximity to shopping, the Katie Wheeler Memorial Library, and the park.  Staying there is certainly a possibility.  With my husband's new job, though, both of our jobs are to the East--it makes more sense to live between them if we can, and avoid extra time on Jamboree in rush hour.

Many thanks!

bananaphone said:
Hello all.  My husband just got a job near Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley.  I work near the 5 and Tustin Ranch.

I was hoping for some advice on Irvine (or Fountain Valley) neighborhoods that would optimize our commute, and also have good schools. Our kids are in elementary, and we would be looking for a detached SFR--we can go up to $1m if we have to, though it'd be nice to stay lower.

Just based on the map, there seem to be so many different neighborhoods on the route that I'm not sure where to start.  So I think a suggestion from someone with local knowledge would be helpful.

We've been renting in West Irvine and we love its proximity to shopping, the Katie Wheeler Memorial Library, and the park.  Staying there is certainly a possibility.  With my husband's new job, though, both of our jobs are to the East--it makes more sense to live between them if we can, and avoid extra time on Jamboree in rush hour.

Many thanks!

I would recommend either West Irvine, Northpark, Tustin Ranch, Columbus Grove, Westpark, Northwood Pointe, and Woodbridge.  That will put you East enough that neither of you will need to deal with much freeway traffic.  I'll have a home listing in Northwood Pointe in November and another home listing coming up in Columbus Grove (Irvine side) early next year, both will be listed under $1.1m.  I can give you more information if you'd like to know more.

Thanks, Martin.  I've been reading your name on TI for quite a long time; thanks for all of your contributions.  I'll do a bit of homework, and then probably be in touch!

bananaphone said:
Thanks, Martin.  I've been reading your name on TI for quite a long time; thanks for all of your contributions.  I'll do a bit of homework, and then probably be in touch!

Always happy to help.  I lived in West Irvine for 5 years and have no lived in Tustin Ranch for over 3 years now and love both areas.  Feel free to contact me any time to pick my brain as I can give you information on all of the areas that I've mentioned above.

Back