Author Topic: Land SE of PS/Altair (Modified: Environmental Concerns Broadly)  (Read 2839 times)

eyephone, Maserson and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 141
  • -Received: 166
Re: Land SE of PS/Altair (Modified: Environmental Concerns Broadly)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 01:57:26 PM »
Entertainment or not, you seem to think the readers of this forum have agendas like the rest of you professional posters who spend inordinate amount of time browsing and posting in these forums.

I’m simply a reader until yesterday and one who got frustrated with the nonsense “Environmental hazard” post about 241 highway. Did we seem to forget the 5 and the 405?

As you suggested, these “rumors” do end up devaluing certain areas. And it would be simply amazing if we can just agree that 241 hazards are far less than 5 or 405. And maybe if we come to this conclusion, maybe one day people can stop posting comments like “the only hazard would be the toll road”. Like literally, in what universe do you live that you cannot simply do a simple math of the number of cars on 5 and 405 versus 241. I mean, yeah, the inauguration crowd for my presidency was the largest in history. He also thinks it’s all entertainment. And look where we are as the fabric of the society is being torn apart by an entertainment man who is an addict of another forum, Twitter.

What you post here is not too far away from that. People live in these areas. And by spewing nonsense, values of houses get affected, parents talk about it, kids hear and belittle each other for living in “landfill ranch” and think highly of themselves if their grandparents cash purchased a house in OH for their fortunate son and grandchildren.

We all work hard to get to where we are and maybe even get lucky enough to buy a place in Irvine. But then, professional nonsense posters here just try to ruin it for everyone.

To be fair, I-5, I-405, Irvine Blvd. and streets alike are far worse then the 241 Toll Road in terms of pollution and the noise issues because there are simply just more cars on those roads. But we're not comparing homes built right next to these roads/freeways whereas some PS homes are right next to 241. But like I said (and many times before), I don't think being too close to 241 is concerning level. Some people just would like to know what's there, so some people chimed in.

Do you really think these posts impact the sales of homes and the price values? I don't think so. There are other reasons OH or EW homes have higher price tag than some PS homes. And to be real fair, PS homes carry higher MR and will be about the same in terms of mortgage/tax payments anyways. Also the way you wrote here made me not want to buy in PS even more. Landfill Ranch? Kids belittle each other? I never heard these things until you wrote it. Now more people know about those horrible facts that might actually impact the housing value. If you want, I can delete this post into "x" or "." if you know what I mean...

You keep saying people who post here think they they are right all the time or something. I don't think I'm right. In fact, I'm wrong many times. There is no absolute truth in human beings. We're not God. People just write their opinions which can change tomorrow. Isn't that what this forum is about? Prohibiting not to post such opinions is even more unethical or Trump/Kim Jong Un-like IMHO. If you think PS is a great buy, sharing your good experience living there would actually help people want to buy there.

From what I'm seeing, more and more people are buying PS now days so I don't think people talking bad about PS here is impacting anything at all, but it's just my opinion again, isn't it?

Online zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 67
  • -Received: 380
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »
Back when lambert ranch was about to open, we called it landfill ranch, stink gate, porta potty springs?
How long ago was that?

Poster must have been reading for many years.

We have thousands of posts because TI has been up for 10 years.

In fact if you click on my profile, today is my 10 year anniversary making this account.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:13:28 PM by zubs »

Offline mountaineer

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 02:16:24 PM »
Again - you're projecting completely skewed exaggerated "facts" about PS. The entire NORTHPARK neighborhood is within 250 meters of either 261, Portola Parkway, or Culver or Irvine Blvd. The entire place. And yet, Very few homes brush against the 250 meter perimeter from 241 in the Portola Springs. The remainder are much farther away than 250 meters.

Same with Laguna Altura. 100% of the neighborhood is within 180 meters of 133 where it actually has traffic going to Laguna. On the other side, most of the neighborhood is swallowed by the 250 perimeter of 405.

Go on and on, Quail Hill (most of it within 300 meters of 405 and 133), Cypress Village (no need to measure anything here), Eastwood (Portola Parkway, Irvine Blvd, Jeffrey literally border the place).

And yes, don't kid yourself and don't offer "delete post" blah blah. I don't need any deletion or adjustment of your posts. Go ahead and leave whatever you want. Posts in these forums DO end up putting fears into people's minds, and that's what's going on around the country, create fear (aka Fox News) and rule. And this is what you guys, the professional posters of these forums, are completely doing.

I also don't think the higher MR of PS truly changes the math equation that is $400/sqft vs ridiculous pricing that is Orchard Hills at $550/sqft. Truly? That's a 25-30% increase in the actual price of the home. Does PS truly has SUCH HIGH MR that it offsets the ridiculous pricing in OH or EW? Do the math for me and i'll gladly concede you're "right" on this one if the math truly works out the way you say it does.

Again, you're trying your best to prove your points. It's just not working out.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »
Again - you're projecting completely skewed exaggerated "facts" about PS. The entire NORTHPARK neighborhood is within 250 meters of either 261, Portola Parkway, or Culver or Irvine Blvd. The entire place. And yet, Very few homes brush against the 250 meter perimeter from 241 in the Portola Springs. The remainder are much farther away than 250 meters.

Same with Laguna Altura. 100% of the neighborhood is within 180 meters of 133 where it actually has traffic going to Laguna. On the other side, most of the neighborhood is swallowed by the 250 perimeter of 405.

Go on and on, Quail Hill (most of it within 300 meters of 405 and 133), Cypress Village (no need to measure anything here), Eastwood (Portola Parkway, Irvine Blvd, Jeffrey literally border the place).

And yes, don't kid yourself and don't offer "delete post" blah blah. I don't need any deletion or adjustment of your posts. Go ahead and leave whatever you want. Posts in these forums DO end up putting fears into people's minds, and that's what's going on around the country, create fear (aka Fox News) and rule. And this is what you guys, the professional posters of these forums, are completely doing.

I also don't think the higher MR of PS truly changes the math equation that is $400/sqft vs ridiculous pricing that is Orchard Hills at $550/sqft. Truly? That's a 25-30% increase in the actual price of the home. Does PS truly has SUCH HIGH MR that it offsets the ridiculous pricing in OH or EW? Do the math for me and i'll gladly concede you're "right" on this one if the math truly works out the way you say it does.

Again, you're trying your best to prove your points. It's just not working out.

I wasn't trying to convince or prove my points to you. I was just posting my opinions, but if it came off like that, then that's your opinion and take. Seems like you're the one who think your points and opinions are right all the time by bashing on those non-PS/GP villages. That's your perspective I can't change. I respect your positive views on PS and GP, but at the end you're doing the same thing you're criticizing about. I'm also totally OK if you're PS/GP rep. Thanks for staying pretty civil though. I do agree with you that living in Irvine is a privilege and those $1m+ homes shouldn't be called "value villages."

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 02:31:13 PM »
Back when lambert ranch was about to open, we called it landfill ranch, stink gate, porta potty springs?
How long ago was that?

Poster must have been reading for many years.

We have thousands of posts because TI has been up for 10 years.

In fact if you click on my profile, today is my 10 year anniversary making this account.

The poster is a sold-out-YF paid by 5P. JK.

Happy anniversary.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 607
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 02:33:47 PM »
A lot of mud slinging and I’m not involved? :)

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 02:36:24 PM »
A lot of mud slinging and I’m not involved? :)

Where have you been, man?

But there wasn't mud (yet). Maybe from that YF guy, I mean mountaineer.

Offline mountaineer

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 02:39:14 PM »
Again, Mety: same childish behavior. Try to discredit WHOEVER disagrees with your unrivaled views on these forums by portraying me as an "agent of 5P". The mentality you're using is like extremist forums elsewhere on the web. If god forbid someone tries to shed light on how "skewed" some of the members' "views" are here, and if god forbid they have a point that's valid and there remains no defense, try to label them as "agents" or "reps".

I'm a normal human being, have ABSOLUTELY no connection to any housing company, work an 8-5 service job in healthcare, and could care less what you write about who I am.

It took 5 posts over 24 hours to get you all to say "value village" is the wrong term here when you're talking about 1+ million dollar homes. That summarizes my entire point. Your views are exaggerated and skewed and serve NO PURPOSE that's doing anyone any favors. It is merely amusing to you, and you obviously repeat it because it's amusing. Keep on being amused.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 02:48:36 PM »
Again, Mety: same childish behavior. Try to discredit WHOEVER disagrees with your unrivaled views on these forums by portraying me as an "agent of 5P". The mentality you're using is like extremist forums elsewhere on the web. If god forbid someone tries to shed light on how "skewed" some of the members' "views" are here, and if god forbid they have a point that's valid and there remains no defense, try to label them as "agents" or "reps".

I'm a normal human being, have ABSOLUTELY no connection to any housing company, work an 8-5 service job in healthcare, and could care less what you write about who I am.

It took 5 posts over 24 hours to get you all to say "value village" is the wrong term here when you're talking about 1+ million dollar homes. That summarizes my entire point. Your views are exaggerated and skewed and serve NO PURPOSE that's doing anyone any favors. It is merely amusing to you, and you obviously repeat it because it's amusing. Keep on being amused.

OK. Then any reason why you're attacking OH, EW, NP, LA, and all those TIC villages specifically? Any negatives on PS or GP you want to share in the same amount of negativity you did on those other villages? And when did ever I talk crap on PS? I don't think I ever did. Maybe it's you who took it that way.

Thanks for clarifying you're not from 5P. I believe you're a normal human being with 8-5 healthcare job. You certainly revealed a lot about you with these 5 posts and spending inordinate amount of time here also. Welcome aboard.

Offline mountaineer

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 02:54:58 PM »
Yeah again, the childish mentality at play here.

Now attack the messenger who defied your logic.

I think ALL OF IRVINE is a phenomenal place to live. Remember how I wrote how fortunate we all are to live here, anywhere, for the reasons I cited.

Each village has its deficiencies. To pile up on PS for no clear reason other than to amuse yourself is the issue here. One by one, your reasons (which are clearly repeated again and again in your posts in this thread) are invalid when you try to apply the same reasoning to the other villages.

The SKEWED views projected here are the issue. There is gang mentality here against some villages, and for some villages, and it is repeated over and over again. "The only hazard would be the toll road in PS". Like literally, did the poster think before typing that up? Or does someone truly have to write out the distance from each "premium" village to MAJOR highways and BLVDs in Irvine, in order for you to back off and concede maybe it was an exaggeration.

That's the point. Not to bash other villages. They're all great. The whole damn place is a paradise. An expensive one but paradise. All sorts of sacrifices go into living in Irvine. I can clearly think of MUCH better things to do with 1.5 million dollars than to pay for a house in Irvine. Some of us are not fed by a silver spoon. Some of us work hard for the opportunity to live here. And to amuse yourself by spreading falseness regarding one neighborhood, you're not doing anyone a favor.

This gang mentality in these forums is the issue. I hope you'll find another hobby. And don't compare myself to you or your forum peers. I have like 6 posts to my name. You all have 1000-10,000 posts to your name. Clearly, there is a distinction here.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2019, 03:02:00 PM »
Yeah again, the childish mentality at play here.

Now attack the messenger who defied your logic.

I think ALL OF IRVINE is a phenomenal place to live. Remember how I wrote how fortunate we all are to live here, anywhere, for the reasons I cited.

Each village has its deficiencies. To pile up on PS for no clear reason other than to amuse yourself is the issue here. One by one, your reasons (which are clearly repeated again and again in your posts in this thread) are invalid when you try to apply the same reasoning to the other villages.

The SKEWED views projected here are the issue. There is gang mentality here against some villages, and for some villages, and it is repeated over and over again. "The only hazard would be the toll road in PS". Like literally, did the poster think before typing that up? Or does someone truly have to write out the distance from each "premium" village to MAJOR highways and BLVDs in Irvine, in order for you to back off and concede maybe you were exaggerating.

That's the point. Not to bash other villages. They're all great. The whole damn place is a paradise. An expensive one but paradise.

This gang mentality in these forums is the issue.

Who wrote "The only hazard would be the toll road in PS"?

I didn't write that, but even if anyone did, I don't see it as an "attack" or "damage" to the village. But that's me. You're different. So I can't do anything about it.

You keep saying I'm childish. Maybe I am and sorry if that bothers you. Maybe I am much younger than you? LOL

Anyways, I think PS is a great place to buy (as I've been saying that even though mountaineer says I kept attacking PS or some sort) and I apologize if I did anything to bring the housing value. I still think 3,4-story condos are not great buys.

Hope you're not mad anymore, mountaineer.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2019, 03:06:18 PM »
This gang mentality in these forums is the issue. I hope you'll find another hobby. And don't compare myself to you or your forum peers. I have like 6 posts to my name. You all have 1000-10,000 posts to your name. Clearly, there is a distinction here.

What about someone who has 1000-10,000 "x" or "." as his posts? Do you think he's spending inordinate time here?

Offline mountaineer

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »
Not mad. I'm in my 30s.

My post is not meant to be toward you, but the people that like to bash PS in general. Criticizing for a good reason is completely acceptable. To create fear of "health hazard" that you simply cannot prove or disprove if you're the prospective buyer, completely destroys a neighborhood for these buyers and creates a lot of anxiety, where in reality, these "hazards" are unfounded and if true, pale in comparison to choices we make on a daily basis with our food consumption, obesity, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, etc.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 196
  • -Received: 1097
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 03:29:04 PM »
I think some of that value village moniker was given to PS due in part to TIC's treatment of it.  Delayed schools.  Massive changes in the master plan.  Broken promises.  The PS of today is very different than the PS of 10 years ago, but sometimes memories outlast the changes.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 607
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 03:30:52 PM »

What about someone who has 1000-10,000 "x" or "." as his posts? Do you think he's spending inordinate time here?

All I got to say. If feelings get hurt, go cry to mommy.
It’s not my fault that many people say the same thing.  ;)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts