Sand Canyon and 5:

the.irvine

Any idea what is going to be built when you take  San Canyon exist from 5. There appears to be lots of ongoing ground work and heavy machinery. 

It is the Irvine Company Office Campus, project 42 on the development map here:
http://cityofirvine.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=0429065850ec4dcab5ba5856a497f42a

Site.jpg

Not just GP contributing to the traffic, I see Irvine Co is gonna make it even worse in that area, especially during rush hour.  The 4 office buildings they just put up arn't even occupied yet off Laguna Canyon and Technology.

akkord said:
Not just GP contributing to the traffic, I see Irvine Co is gonna make it even worse in that area, especially during rush hour.  The 4 office buildings they just put up arn't even occupied yet off Laguna Canyon and Technology.

Hence the premium price tags of EW and OH.

The cheapskate will not want to pay .98 cents for the toll road and bypass all these.

EW is not a premium neighborhood. It still desireable, but it is far from premium.

Premium to me is Shady Cayon, Newport Coast......etc...

I like the views in OH, but was never a fan of EW due to small lot sizes.  Paying a premium for odor issues in EW & OH and pesticides in OH.  Don't forget QH had a child cancer problem due to pesticide usage, would you take that chance with your babies/kids in OH?

More office buildings regardless of where in Irvine means more traffic on the freeways and exits.  People always want to save time, if Sand Canyon backs up, what other exits/streets in Irvine are people going to take.  Traffic is an issue in all of Irvine IMO and it's getting worse.  Remember BTB's picture of Jeffrey on a Friday afternoon? 

Mety said:
akkord said:

akkord said:
I like the views in OH, but was never a fan of EW due to small lot sizes.  Paying a premium for odor issues in EW & OH and pesticides in OH.  Don't forget QH had a child cancer problem due to pesticide usage, would you take that chance with your babies/kids in OH?

More office buildings regardless of where in Irvine means more traffic on the freeways and exits.  People always want to save time, if Sand Canyon backs up, what other exits/streets in Irvine are people going to take.  Traffic is an issue in all of Irvine IMO and it's getting worse.  Remember BTB's picture of Jeffrey on a Friday afternoon? 

Mety said:
akkord said:

About a year after the initial debut of EW, it was a banner year for EW neighborhoods, the selling pace was fairly quick. Only a year after the openning,  and I drive through the neighborhoods, I gotten a sense of how tightly Irvine Pacific pack their homes. They truely use every square inch of the lot. Yes, dense and cars having a hard time finding space on the streets. Next to it is the older Northwood neighborhood and quite a contrast of having 30 years old home tract next to the new beige boxes. The windows open widely in these older neighborhood as if they wanted to smell the fresh paint and stucco. Or to rub off some of those newnest smell to their old homes.

Compressed-Village said:
akkord said:

Mety said:
akkord said:

About a year after the initial debut of EW, it was a banner year for EW neighborhoods, the selling pace was fairly quick. Only a year after the openning,  and I drive through the neighborhoods, I gotten a sense of how tightly Irvine Pacific pack their homes. They truely use every square inch of the lot. Yes, dense and cars having a hard time finding space on the streets. Next to it is the older Northwood neighborhood and quite a contrast of having 30 years old home tract next to the new beige boxes. The windows open widely in these older neighborhood as if they wanted to smell the fresh paint and stucco. Or to rub off some of those newnest smell to their old homes.

GP's going to have FivePoint X, right?
Man, I can't wait to see how good it will be! I'm not kidding BTW.

As for EW and OH, I'm simply stating possible facts why they are a little more expensive than some other villages. It's not just one thing but several other factors that make up such price points. I don't live in either so no bias here.

As for pesticides at QH back in the day, they no longer use any pesticides anymore. QH, some parts of Woodbridge and Westpark are the only areas in Irvine that they don't use any pesticides. All other areas in Irvine use some sorts of pesticides. You can check here:https://oehha.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=4560cfbce7c745c299b2d0cbb07044f5

The asphalt odor is still not proved to be true at this moment.

Dense issue is everywhere in new Irvine homes, GP ones included. But that's just a life style in Southern California. If you want a super wide spaces and privacy then go to Texas or hit up Panda for John's Creek.

SW of 5 is that office campus and NE is the affordable housing apartments. There also are storage units coming more toward Sand Canyon.

Back