Azay, Little Tokyo Los Angeles

The chef has daily specials, when I went it was duck confit.  However he made it "healthy" so don't expect duck grease soaked fried potatoes under the duck leg, but I suppose you could make special request since the chef owner cooks the duck right behind the counter.

Be warned that the metered parking around the corner has 15 min limit.

Is this place really deserving of the 5 stars on Yelp or is it hyped up due to its history? Asking for a friend.

Maison Akira...SLOW. That's the culmination of my 2 experiences there. Ridiculously slow service. Took over 1 hour to get our food after ordering both times. I only went a 2nd time because someone else wanted to go there. I would never go back there and I'm not betting on the new restaurant being any different.

The new place serves Japanese style breakfast and simple French sandwiches, in addition to daily specials.  I wouldn't call it 5 star restaurant, but service is pretty quick and food is made fresh / cooked to order.

Maison Akira was good for the brunch buffet.  I had hoped that Azay would serve Sunday brunch buffet but the place is too small.

Back