Author Topic: Recommendations: 1.6M-1.7M  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 136
  • -Received: 159
Re: Recommendations: 1.6M-1.7M
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 09:12:19 AM »
I prefer the more southern locations if you are looking at elevation.

I may be the only one here who feels like this, but I do not like the OH area. It's warmer and closer to fire hazard area.

I'd go for QH or the Turtles (Rock and Ridge). And no, I would not consider Laguna Altura, it's shown to hold value but I just don't like that area (maybe that hood is my LL Irvine).

Why do you like QH and why don’t you like LA?

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2203
  • -Received: 3587
  • 3CWG
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 09:26:33 AM »

I may be the only one here who feels like this, but I do not like the OH area. It's warmer and closer to fire hazard area.

I'd go for QH or the Turtles (Rock and Ridge). And no, I would not consider Laguna Altura, it's shown to hold value but I just don't like that area (maybe that hood is my LL Irvine).

Just to be more specific, I prefer the middle/west area of QH. There are several reasons:

1. No gate.
2. More open. LA feels like an enclosed maze.
3. Single loaded streets in Vicarra hood with better views than LA
4. Elem school inside the area.
5. Shopping center walkable/bikeable.
6. Don't need to use a freeway to enter/exit neighborhood.
7. Lower MRs.
8. Many SFRs have 3CGs (some detached condos even have 3CWGs).
9. Large Community Park (baller!) and Community Center (new!).
10. Access to hiking/biking trails.

I could keep going but I think you get the picture.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »

Just to be more specific, I prefer the middle/west area of QH. There are several reasons:

1. No gate.
2. More open. LA feels like an enclosed maze.
3. Single loaded streets in Vicarra hood with better views than LA
4. Elem school inside the area.
5. Shopping center walkable/bikeable.
6. Don't need to use a freeway to enter/exit neighborhood.
7. Lower MRs.
8. Many SFRs have 3CGs (some detached condos even have 3CWGs).
9. Large Community Park (baller!) and Community Center (new!).
10. Access to hiking/biking trails.

I could keep going but I think you get the picture.

I like QH also. I don't know if it's true or just my feeling, but whenever I drive to QH, it feels more fresh and feels like I'm breathing mountain air. The community is no doubt one of the best in Irvine IMHO. It almost doesn't feel like Irvine in a way if you know what I mean.

The problem I have with QH is that their floor plans are not that good for my taste. I prefer LA's or typical TIC's open concept. It's mainly because we have kids to look for while we're cooking or eating. I guess once they grow to be teenagers we don't really need that, but I think open concept does look/feel bigger also instead of cramped feeling like the houses from QH. I don't know all the floor plans from QH so I can't say I don't like everything, but ones I've checked out mostly had separate kitchen, living, and dining areas where you can't see from one to another. The homes also seem smaller than the actual square footage.

LA, which is right next to QH, in my opinion is better in terms of being newer and the for appreciation value. Yes, it's nothing special with those floor plans, but they work for people like us. QH does look like a better community with their amenities and whatnot, but LA's swimming pools, parks, and ball courts are pretty good also. The only thing I don't like is the price. You probably can get a bigger home in QH in the same budget.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »
Mety: Which floorplans in QH have you looked at? QH has several "open concept" homes... Tapestry, Linden, Sienna just to name a few.
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 01:06:31 PM »
Mety: Which floorplans in QH have you looked at? QH has several "open concept" homes... Tapestry, Linden, Sienna just to name a few.

I can't remember tract names, but those tracts you've mentioned all have separate dinning areas as well.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2019, 01:50:10 PM »

I can't remember tract names, but those tracts you've mentioned all have separate dinning areas as well.

Yes but they have a kitchen + dining (nook) + family room space too... the formal dining room is a bonus that today's "open concept" plans don't have.
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2019, 02:26:20 PM »

Yes but they have a kitchen + dining (nook) + family room space too... the formal dining room is a bonus that today's "open concept" plans don't have.

Yes and no. Yes, it could be like a bonus room, but that designated formal dining area is the only area you would be able to put the dining table and chairs. The way the home is designed is that way by default unless you get rid of the fireplace or a wall(s). Today, they just build one big space where you can get creative within. But everyone is different and prefer various tastes so there is really no right or wrong here.

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 390
  • -Received: 326
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 03:41:59 PM »

No offense to IHO, but if he tells you not to buy somewhere, history says (Lagua Altura, La Vita) you should IMMEDIATELY BUY THERE.

But I do agree with IHO that QH is a lovely place.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2019, 05:25:54 PM »

No offense to IHO, but if he tells you not to buy somewhere, history says (Lagua Altura, La Vita) you should IMMEDIATELY BUY THERE.

Not sure I ever recommended anyone not buying in those places... I just said that I would not (wait... I might have dookied on Delano too).

What is La Vita again? Those overpriced motorcourt homes... bleh. :)
I recommend:

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 390
  • -Received: 587
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »
I wouldn't consider QH any safer than OH for fire danger. Both areas are next to natural tinder boxes. It is only a matter of time before some houses are lost in either location.

Offline lovingit

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 08:03:28 PM »

Not sure I ever recommended anyone not buying in those places... I just said that I would not (wait... I might have dookied on Delano too).

What is La Vita again? Those overpriced motorcourt homes... bleh. :)

People are willing to pay $3.8m for those plan 4 motorcourts.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts