Taiwan tourist fined in Philippines for wearing skimpy bikini

She was doing it for attention (likely for social media posts) and pushed it too far.  I was in Boracay back in 2007 with a girl who wore skimpy bikini with ill fitting top (some photos were deleted because it showed too much), and nobody gave us trouble in front of resort areas by station 2 (?).

In TW we had a "social media star" Gigi who liked to climb mountain peaks to take selfies in bikinis.  She fell off a peak while dressed in bikini trying to take selfies and froze to death before rescuers finally reached her, after 28 hour hike.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/21/bikini-climber-freezes-to-death-after-massive-fall/

Fans of "Crayon Shin-Chan" might recall the creator, Yoshito Usui, also died by falling off a cliff while trying to take photos.  The last photo in his digital camera was the bottom of the cliff.

Let?s get Morekas opinion the Philippines expert. (Supposingly he knows the oligarchs/top people in the country/related to the founders or something) That?s what he says lol

I still don?t get why he would be in California. If he had a driver, maids, chefs, etc..

* That?s if his story is true.

Spent many a day on that island.  My cousins opened one of the first hotels there, The Pink Patio, in the early 90's.  was awesome before they let development get a bit out of control leading the government to shut down the island for a period of time to give time to recover. They only recently re-opened it to tourists again.  Beautiful powder white beaches.

Philippines closes 'cesspool' tourist island of Boracay

(CNN)The Philippines has announced a six-month closure of the popular tourist destination of Boracay over concerns the island's famous beaches and clear blue waters have been transformed into a "cesspool" due to sustained environmental damage.

The closure, which will begin April 26, was announced following a cabinet meeting Wednesday, and would be a "total closure" to tourists, Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque said. No other information was made available, CNN Philippines reported.
The decision ends weeks of speculation on the fate of the popular tourist destination, after Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte complained about the state of the island in February.
Boracay, which is around 170 miles south of the capital Manila, is home to as many as 17,000 people, many of whom are directly engaged in the tourism industry, according to CNN Philippines.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/04/asia/philippines-duterte-boracay-shutdown-intl/index.html

My goddaughter's maternal side is from a prominent family in Quezon.  The grandmother had a maid for each kid and 2 kitchen helpers.  The daughter had more career ambitions, went to medical school & emigrated to the US.  The only son wanted to go abroad too but was not allowed to so.

At my previous workplace I had a Pinay coworker from well off family in Manila (no, she is not from the Ayala clan).  She emigrated here early and had purchased over a dozen homes in Irvine and nearby areas by late 1990s.  She was a senior developer in IT.

One of my old friends from Cerritos area is Filipino, his mother is from a rural but large land-owning family in PH.  She emigrated to US as a single mother and become a senior engineer for telecom company.  We all used to "report" to her Church every year for Xmas because she was in the choir and we had to attend her performance.  ;)  For a Pinay women from rural village to senior engineer and mainframe programmer at PacBell in her era, she was quite impressive.  She also owned several houses in Cerritos (even 30 years ago new houses in Cerritos were considered expensive).

There are many great & talented people from Philippines, but they had to go abroad to satisfy their ambitions.

morekaos said:
Spent many a day on that island.  My cousins opened one of the first hotels there, The Pink Patio, in the early 90's.  was awesome before they let development get a bit out of control leading the government to shut down the island for a period of time to give time to recover. They only recently re-opened it to tourists again.  Beautiful powder white beaches.

I remember waking up at sunrise for a walk on the beach, and found hotel workers raking the sand for coral pieces (so tourists won't step on them painfully).  I learned how to scuba dive there.  Good times.

I just did a image search using the terms "Boracay" and "bikini". I now know where I will be going for next year's summer vacation.

This story gets better and better. Now his cousin ?Vinnie? opened the first hotel there. Just like his best friend that owns chicken mega franchise over there or here. (I don?t know)

The bird that can?t fly, the chicken guy

Also, please don?t talk trash about American restaurants. Thanks in advance.
(He didn?t talk about the food taste or service, he straight up called people idiots like the patrons and restaurant.) I mean who does this?

That place was paradise before the big hotels moved in.  Used to fly in from Manila to Kataklan on a little puddle jumper and land on a dirt runway, then take a ride to the island in small panga.  Not many tourists then but beautiful beaches and amazing diving.  By the time Shangi-la opened it was well on its way to over development. 
https://youtu.be/rN32RTMJaJI

https://youtu.be/rN32RTMJaJI

Back