New Restaurant - The Dylan

nicolepompey

Maybe this one will branch out to other locations, too! Has anyone tried the new restaurant in Brea on State College, at the 57 freeway? It's called, The Dylan.

My husband and I attended their soft opening event a few weeks ago. They took over the old Claim Jumper building. They're affiliated with "Toast", another restaurant that only serves breakfast. They explained that they wanted to venture out into lunch and dinner along with cocktails, too. 

Their food was really good! Drinks are in large mason jars and the food is more on the elegant side. Their breakfast specialties are different types of Eggs Benedict. They also have pumpkin spice and chocolate velvet pancakes, along with gluten free items. We tried their salads which were really flavorful and the Wine Butter Shrimp which was White Asian Shrimp and baby heirloom tomatoes served on top of fresh rustic green olive bread soaked in a house made wine butter sauce. Sooo good!  :)

It's a large restaurant! Hope you enjoy!
https://www.thedylanbrea.com

I ate at "Toast" in Whittier.  Same owners?

When I used to work at Brea Corporate Place, we ordered from Claim Jumps frequently.  But after Capital Group vacated the area I think they lost a lot of business.  The Indian buffet across the street is gone too.

Curiously, the Big 5 nearby carried equipment for gold panning.  Not sure if they still do.

Yes, The Dylan is the new addition to Toast in Whittier. They wanted to try their hand at lunch and dinner options. I was a bartender back in the day when that Claim Jumper first opened. It used to be so packed and "the" place to go back then. Across the street was Bobby McGee's, also ancient history ;) Times keep changing!

La Vien Rose down the street is gone too.  :(  The owner (Louis) had once asked me if I'd help him do e-publishing for a recipe book.  The CD that he gave me contained exactly 1 photo of himself.  @_@;;

The Cat and Custard Cup in La Habra is still around.  The Cellar in Fullerton changed hands couple times, now owned by the Dudley family that also owns Hidalgo in Villa Del Sol.

Back