Anyone knows what else besides hotels is coming to this spot in GP?

ParasolParker

Is there maybe a supermarket and retail finally coming to this area? Or just more traffic?  Sign was posted yesterday.

Attachments

• sign1.jpg
    sign1.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 316
  • sign2.jpg
    sign2.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 130
  • sign3.jpg
    sign3.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 201
Regardless if its retail or homes, its going to more traffic.

Wheres Mety, I think this is less than <10 years from that post of no retail in GP, even if it takes them 2-3 years to build out.  ;D

akkord said:
Regardless if its retail or homes, its going to more traffic.

Wheres Mety, I think this is less than <10 years from that post of no retail in GP, even if it takes them 2-3 years to build out.  ;D

Hi, I?m still here.
Oh yes, I still think GP won?t have its own retails for another decade. You?re not surely counting hotels as retails, are you?

I do hope there will be retails and some sort of plazas in GP so that I can visit. i just think there?s so much politics going on that will at least hold another decade for it to happen. I would be fine with pop-up stores though. Is that still happening or what?

jamesKirk said:
Just put a Costco right in the middle of GP and that would be enough retail for me.

There is a Costco not too far from GP. It?s near Spectrum.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Do the shipping containers count as retail? :)

Not really... but I would be glad to have those at least.

At least? Many people would say Irvine is like the #1 city in Orange County. Shipping containers is the best option?

Mety said:
jamesKirk said:
Just put a Costco right in the middle of GP and that would be enough retail for me.

Both are too far. Car gets weighed down with all cases of water and a dozen rotisserie chickens. Not to mention when we have to strap a 75 inch tv to the roof of our sedan.

But seriously I mainly just want an affordable gas station near by. Worst part of living in Irvine so far are the gas prices. Both Costcos are always 25-40 cents more than the Fullerton or Cypress Costcos. Those prices would still be better than having to pay the prices at standard stations in Irvine though.

jamesKirk said:
Mety said:
jamesKirk said:

Both are too far. Car gets weighed down with all cases of water and a dozen rotisserie chickens. Not to mention when we have to strap a 75 inch tv to the roof of our sedan.

But seriously I mainly just want an affordable gas station near by. Worst part of living in Irvine so far are the gas prices. Both Costcos are always 25-40 cents more than the Fullerton or Cypress Costcos. Those prices would still be better than having to pay the prices at standard stations in Irvine though.

That?s a negative. There would be way too much traffic.
Also, the Costco nearby is like 5-10 min away.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

At least? Many people would say Irvine is like the #1 city in Orange County. Shipping containers is the best option?

Better than tents or trucks, don't you think?

I would be happy with anything.

On a related not, slightly disappointed by this item on tonight's planning commission agenda, but again it's better than nothing.

The District 4 Tentative Map 18167 and Health Club Conditional Use Permit (CUP) projects are located in Planning
Area 51.    The map covers a portion of the area bounded by Irvine Boulevard to the north, Pusan to the east,
Cultivate to the west, and Episode to the south.  Previously approved VTTM 17366 land use for the project site
consists of 70,000 square feet of retail use, which is proposed to be reclassified to 125,000 square feet of health
club use.  Previously approved and proposed in VTTM 18167 are 95 multi?family dwelling units and an 11,000
square foot of child care facility.

This is the plot on Irvine Blvd next to Cadence Park.

They previously approved a nice looking plan including a re-purpose of the existing warehouse building. It had retail as described but also a garden area and cafe. Then they discovered structural issues (that I guess could not be resolved) with the warehouse so now they are proposing a three story gym and four story parking garage.

Again, a gym is better than more housing, at least it's SOMETHING. But some smaller retail and a cafe would have been better.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

FWIW Shipping containers are catnip for my fellow millennials. My coworkers (I work near spectrum and myself and most coworkers live in Irvine) were going gaga when this place opened a few weeks back in Garden Grove:https://www.steelcraftlb.com/steelcraft-garden-grove/

eyephone said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Do you want something that pops and a lot of people go to? Build something like the packing district in Anaheim.

(Who do I send the invoice to for my consulting fee?)

jamesKirk said:
Mety said:
jamesKirk said:

That's why you get the EV.

The Spectrum Costco isn't that far from GP (bones would know :) ).

irvinehomeowner said:
jamesKirk said:
Mety said:
jamesKirk said:

That's why you get the EV.

The Spectrum Costco isn't that far from GP (bones would know :) ).

oh heyyyyyyy.  wouldn't know - I'm not cool enough to have a Costco membership or wait in line for Costco gas.

Back