Rubber seal isn?t flush on garage door

lovingit

I notice some areas where the outside rubber seal around the garage door isn?t flush.  There is some gaps that would allow bugs to come inside the garage.  I never paid attention to that before but noticed it yesterday.  Is that perfectly normal after time?

lovingit said:
I notice some areas where the outside rubber seal around the garage door isn?t flush.  There is some gaps that would allow bugs to come inside the garage.  I never paid attention to that before but noticed it yesterday.  Is that perfectly normal after time?

You can either have the rubber seal replaced by a garage repair company or adjust that the garage door goes a bit lower when it closes.  There should not be any gaps.

yes, normal after sun exposure that the rubber deforms, also as the house 'settles'.

easy to replace with home despot supplies and a hammer for under $100.  maybe ?$300? to get it done.

I always look at YouTube to see how to fix something and then realize I have no shot and pay someone to fix it.

I did the side and top seal gaskets on my 2 car and 1 car garage holes in about an hour, and as I said, the parts were under $100 for all.  just needed a pry-bar to lift off the deformed old gaskets, and a hammer to apply the new ones.  and a little caulk for the corner joints.

(I've never met Z or D, as I haven't been to a meet up since the IHB days, but am pretty sure we are not the same!)

qwerty said:
I always look at YouTube to see how to fix something and then realize I have no shot and pay someone to fix it.

I usually can fix it... I just value my time and sweat more than money.

I became this way after doing all the maintenance stuff for my rental... it's also why I hated being a landlord.

qwerty said:

There?s some thing I will do and some thing I won?t.

Back