AT&T Cell service in PS and GP?

jamesKirk

I?ve notice cell service for ATT is terrible in PS and parts of GP. Also in many parts of Irvine compared to Verizon.

There is a new cell tower going up on Modjeska, but it looks like Verizon.

Has anyone else notice this? There were a couple homes that we had no signal at all which is a deal breaker as a buyer. The builder was aware and one employee said they had to switch to Verizon when they started working there. We also can?t switch to Verizon because we receive a hefty employer discount on our family plan.

Does this affect any other buyers or are we just exaggerating the issue?

irvinehomeowner said:
You could enable wifi calling so that you get a good signal at home.

We do that now. I also use google voice as my main personal number and my ATT for work. It?s more for when we?re in the area. Let?s say our kid when they?re older goes to the park with their friends. No signal would be a big deal in that case.

jamesKirk said:
irvinehomeowner said:
You could enable wifi calling so that you get a good signal at home.

We do that now. I also use google voice as my main personal number and my ATT for work. It?s more for when we?re in the area. Let?s say our kid when they?re older goes to the park with their friends. No signal would be a big deal in that case.

Can't guarantee this but by the time your kid is older, there will be 100% 8G signal saturation and his friends will be robots. :)

Years ago when we moved into Stonegate I had AT&T and had very poor service. I've since switched to Verizon with no issues.

Recently a family friend stayed over for the weekend and also had poor to no AT&T service the entire time so I guess there hasn't been any improvement.

MrCali949 said:
Years ago when we moved into Stonegate I had AT&T and had very poor service. I've since switched to Verizon with no issues.

Recently a family friend stayed over for the weekend and also had poor to no AT&T service the entire time so I guess there hasn't been any improvement.

That is why I?m worried about PS. We?ve noticed bad ATT service in Irvine and when we talk to people a majority have Verizon and have no problems. So I wonder if ATT just doesn?t care that much since they?re not likely to pull over any Verizon customers by slightly improving service in the area. They may lose customers though. If we weren?t getting a discount we?d move over right now.

It?s weird when I was doing research out on the Mojave desert everyone had ATT since for some reason there was a bit of service out there, but no Verizon. Only time I felt having ATT was an advantage.

We recently purchased a home in PS and noticed the same problem with AT&T.  I've been with them for 15+ yrs now with a 21% discount from my employer on an unlimited data family plan.  They've always treated me great, but if the dead zones and drop calls persist for another month, I'm afraid we're going to have to switch to Verizon too.  But I am going to haggle them on giving me some sort of similar discount before switching even though my employer doesn't offer one.  We love our new home so it's a small price to pay.

jelloe said:
We recently purchased a home in PS and noticed the same problem with AT&T.  I've been with them for 15+ yrs now with a 21% discount from my employer on an unlimited data family plan.  They've always treated me great, but if the dead zones and drop calls persist for another month, I'm afraid we're going to have to switch to Verizon too.  But I am going to haggle them on giving me some sort of similar discount before switching even though my employer doesn't offer one.  We love our new home so it's a small price to pay.

Download mark your spot app and make a report. cant hurt

We have the same issue in PS. In our house is fine but one block over there's an awful dead spot with absolutely no service.

Try Visible.com, it runs on Verizon backbones and cell-towers. Impeccable network services and best is it cost $40 bucks flat for everything include hotspot for your other devices. I haven?t been disappointed and no gimmicks.

Compressed-Village said:
Try Visible.com, it runs on Verizon backbones and cell-towers. Impeccable network services and best is it cost $40 bucks flat for everything include hotspot for your other devices. I haven?t been disappointed and no gimmicks.

We actually pay less than that for unlimited family plan. Or maybe consider porting one number over to try them out maybe. But it?s about $8 more per device than what we?re paying after our discount plus one line is free on our account.

Back