Quick trip to SF

momopi

I took a quick trip to SF to visit relatives.  It's been years since I visited north CA.  We stayed at Parc 55 by Market Street.  Nice hotel.

In short, the homeless situation is far worse than LA or New Orleans.  Previously I thought the freeway underpass in Sacramento was bad, this was worse.  Even in front of nice condo buildings you'd find a row of homeless people on the sidewalk.  Some screaming at each other, some on drugs, all kinds.

My relatives residing outside of the city told me they avoid coming into SF as much as possible.

I spent a week a couple blocks away near the Yerba Buena center last year and yes, SF is under siege by the homeless, and yes, many were very vocal. I saw a person screaming at an imaginary person, I saw a person yelling at and following pedestrians, I saw people sitting on the steps at a Starbucks entrance and none of the employees cared, etc. I also saw a pile of human feces steaming three feet in front of the Trader Joe's entrance.

I too had not stayed in SF for several years before last year and I too was shocked by what SF has become. I vowed never to stay in SF again until they get the homeless problem under control.

On another note, valet parking at that SF hotel was $70 a night!

Soylent Blue is at a local trade school in downtown SF and staying off of Sutter. We are compelled to visit every couple of weeks as she plays sports for this college. I can't stand the place. Needles, crazies, violent maniacs, burnouts, and people giving more shiats about the shiat they step in than the people they are stepping over! The place has completely been overturned by the hobos, the druggies, and those who in all frankness enable this kind of behavior.

Want to know what LA is going to look like in 24-36 months - no matter if the Olympics are coming or not? Spend a day or so in SF.

We recommend the Marine Memorial Hotel if you're wanting a good clean stay at a reasonable price. Breakfast is terrific in the hotel BTW.

My .02c

We passed through town when we did a visit to Cal last month, holy crap(and I mean that literally) that town has change. For the worse!

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Wasn't SF the birthplace of hippies anyways?

or you can say @ a farm in NY

Yeah, it's from both NY and SF. But my point was that drug problem was already existing there since decades ago. What's so new that everyone seems so surprised?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Yeah, it's from both NY and SF. But my point was that drug problem was already existing there since decades ago. What's so new that everyone seems so surprised?

Hippies used to be anti-establishment.  Now hippies are the establishment.

Liar Loan said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

how will anyone know you're a hippy if you don't post it on instagram with your iphone x?

Growing up in the 70s, I have fond memories of the hippies. I remember my parents picnicking with their friends in McArthur Park where I would wander over to the hippies and they'd teach me how to play their bongo drums while filling my young innocent lungs with 2nd hand purple haze. My parents were terrified I would be kidnapped and raised by hippies.

I still idolize famous Chinese-American hippie Tommy Chong:

51ff9d7fb9c679e7a3b60bf3f6e87f46.jpg

No, modern homeless are not anything like hippies.

Over a decade ago it was already bad with hobos. I was at downtown SF and could not stand being there for more than an hour.

Gives politicians something to work on. And the problem never get solved.

Homelessness can not be solved. Just got to have them keep out.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Now there is a bigger drug problem under Trump. Like so big. But no one wants to talk about it. Even he stops talking about it. He doesn?t care about the little guy or shall I say Liddel guy. Lol

I can?t believe someone messaged me that I caused blank to lose. #dontblameme

I know my spelling is bad and I blame it on the auto spelling feature or whatever it?s called.

Liar Loan said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

What happened to all the hippies? They grew up and became republicans.

Curious what do people think about the proportion of constituent populations of the homeless in SF and OC/LA:

mentally ill (used to be housed in hospitals/etc): %?

struggling poorly employed, but basically good citizens:  %?

'bums/hobos/druggies': %?

(could be a poll, but I don't know how....)

Don't overlook the "Grifters" AKA "Late 40ish "Homeless Vietnam Vet out of work please hel" or the "Homeless Gypsy" mom's  who have a 3-5 yr old with them begging for small change. Odd that these kids never seem to grow up, just swapped out for another kid....

Given what I've seen in OC and SF, it's 40% mental illness, 40% druggies, 19% Grifters, and 1 percent genuine unintentionally inflicted hard times.

No matter the cause 100% of them need some kind of help.

Back