Opportunities for Rental Investments

What are few top cities in and/or around OC, one should to look to invest in rental? I heard from this forum, maybe Chino Hills is a good upcoming area, because rest of the OC is getting ridiculously  expensive?

Investment goal is to Breakeven by end of the month, which isn't possible in Irvine these days.

Thank

Depends on your down payment. You can break-even in Great Park in Irvine even with HOA and MR with 50% down :)

OC_relocation said:
What are few top cities in and/or around OC, one should to look to invest in rental? I heard from this forum, maybe Chino Hills is a good upcoming area, because rest of the OC is getting ridiculously  expensive?

Investment goal is to Breakeven by end of the month, which isn't possible in Irvine these days.

Thank

Not my first choice

eyephone said:
OC_relocation said:

Thank

Not my first choice

What you mean? Is this a bad idea to invest in real estate now?

the.irvine said:
eyephone said:
OC_relocation said:

Thank

Not my first choice

What you mean? Is this a bad idea to invest in real estate now?

chino hills?

You want to focus on areas with "B" or better schools...like Foothill Ranch, Aliso Viejo, Laguna Niguel, etc.

For investment property my preference is rental income should be 2x of mortgage payment or better.  This gives you enough cushion for taxes, insurance, management fees, HOA fees, repairs, etc.  SFR preferred.

This is difficult to do even during down cycles in south OC, but not impossible.

If you are buying a home to live in then that?s different. I would not want to live in a home that makes me feel like crap in the morning even if it was a great deal.

Cares said:
Depends on your down payment. You can break-even in Great Park in Irvine even with HOA and MR with 50% down :)

Key words here:  "with 50% down" 

I can make any property cash flow well............................................. with 100% down. 

meccos12 said:
Cares said:

Key words here:  "with 50% down" 

I can make any property cash flow well............................................. with 100% down.

True dat. (Da-dont buy don?t buy rating)

Even Sacramento is getting expensive.  A few years ago with 25% down on a duplex, you could easily cash flow.  Nowadays in CA with 25% down, there?s barely anything that cash flows.

Back