More Trees around Great Park

perite11

How do we get the message out to developers that Great Park needs MORE TREES. So barren and disappointing to look at.

According to GP website:

Heritage Trees
One thing you'll notice right away, along with the relaxed nature of the landscape, is the big trees. We?ve saved and transplanted hundreds of heritage trees, rescued from the former Marine Corps Air Station El Toro base and planted them in our neighborhoods.

I think GP > 1,000 acres, that's alot of trees to plant

Where's YF, he'll chime in and say that it's all toxic anyways (mutant glow in the dark trees ftw!)

This can't be right... IHO has assured me that there are lush, green trees in every direction from the great orange balloon.

P.S.  Whose bright idea was it to build a 55+ community next to a children's ice rink and a loud concert venue?

Liar Loan said:
This can't be right... IHO has assured me that there are lush, green trees in every direction from the great orange balloon.

Whoah... never mentioned trees. Just a view of the BEST city in the world. :)

P.S.  Whose bright idea was it to build a 55+ community next to a children's ice rink and a loud concert venue?

Hey now, 55+ can have kids and enjoy death metal.

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:

I thought Irvine was master planned?  I expect this type of unzoned mishmash to be in Santa Ana, not such a beautiful master planned community.

huhh, have you been to Irvine lately?

Do you think master plan only includes house, and more houses without anything fun to do close by or any good grub a short drive away. Wait, this is not the 80's Irvine that you comes to known and left behind. This is the New Irvine, baby.....Come on, come play and you might not leave for awhile. Unless, its gotten too expensive for one's to play then I can understand would have to resort to Santa Ana or something else.

I do play in Irvine... For instance, my son has ice hockey games at the new rink, which resembles an airport terminal.  What were they thinking?  Is this some kind of Freudian tribute to the El Toro Airport that could have been?

Then last week I attended the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert at Five Points, and I have to admit, it was nice seeing Confederate flags flying in this great city of yours.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:

I thought Irvine was master planned?  I expect this type of unzoned mishmash to be in Santa Ana, not such a beautiful master planned community.

Irvine is "MasterFULLY Planned." Different from ordinary master planned. That 55+ village is technically Lennar. Different from TIC.

Mety said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:

Irvine is "MasterFULLY Planned." Different from ordinary master planned. That 55+ village is technically Lennar. Different from TIC.

No, that strip of land to the side of ridge valley (away from GP) is TIC, which includes CVE and the 55+https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/cypress-village/tristania/https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/travata/

Back