Any good roofer referrals?

usctrojancpa

So I have a roofer come out and inspect my roof as I had a several leaks from this rainy year.  I got a quote of over $30,000 to re-felt the entire the entire roof.  I'd like to get 2-3 more quote before I select the roofer.  Do anyone have an good roofer referrals?

I have not had to do any roofing. Cement and clays tiles roof last a long long time. That?s the only option I would choose for my purchases. If I had to do it, and it required some leg works, go to any of the new home build and hit up the roofer worker or foreman and ask if they want to take on a side gig, which would save you a lot of doughs. 30k is not a small change.

Compressed-Village said:
I have not had to do any roofing. Cement and clays tiles roof last a long long time. That?s the only option I would choose for my purchases. If I had to do it, and it required some leg works, go to any of the new home build and hit up the roofer worker or foreman and ask if they want to take on a side gig, which would save you a lot of doughs. 30k is not a small change.

What about the issue of workmen's comp, insurance and bond if hiring someone who does this as a side gig?
Installing a new roof is major work and not something I'd be willing hire someone without all those insurance protections.

misme said:
Compressed-Village said:

What about the issue of workmen's comp, insurance and bond if hiring someone who does this as a side gig?
Installing a new roof is major work and not something I'd be willing hire someone without all those insurance protections.

There are always risks in everything. What I found out over the years is that if you pick the right guy for the job, side gig guys, usually want to do a good and fast job and collect their money and move on. There are a tons of licensed pro that let you hang high and dry. The important part is to be there and keep an eyes on the progress every so often.

Roofing is a GREAT workout.

Not sure about flat roofs, but for standard 3/4 tab composition roofs, a decent rule of thumb is $3/square foot for a complete tear off.  This is a good starting point, but might be more applicable in fly-over states than socal.  Doubling that # is what I would call upper end, and beyond that they're maybe hoping you're a sucker or they simply don't really want the job.

I brought in Sunpower, Sunlux, and Telsa to get quotes for solar the past few weeks.  And since I need to get my roof repaired to get the solar installed, I can get a 30% credit for the roof repairs.  I'm going to be going with Sunlux since their pricing was the best and they are licensed roofers.  Pricing I got was $14k for a hair over 6,000KW or around $2.30/KW for 12 Panasonic solar panels.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I brought in Sunpower, Sunlux, and Telsa to get quotes for solar the past few weeks.  And since I need to get my roof repaired to get the solar installed, I can get a 30% credit for the roof repairs.  I'm going to be going with Sunlux since their pricing was the best and they are licensed roofers.  Pricing I got was $14k for a hair over 6,000KW or around $2.30/KW for 12 Panasonic solar panels.
resurrecting this thread! Did sunlux also repair your roof with 30% off? How did that work if you don't mind me asking. I need my roof repaired also and want to get solar.
Thanks!

abattoir said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
resurrecting this thread! Did sunlux also repair your roof with 30% off? How did that work if you don't mind me asking. I need my roof repaired also and want to get solar.
Thanks!

No, I used a 3rd party roofer who repaired the roof for $2,400 and becausethe roof needed to be repaired in that area I got the tax rebate on both the solar panels and the roof repair.  PM me if you want the name of the roofer that I used.

Back