New Listing - Sagewood Plan 3 home @ Pavilion Park (147 Cardinal)

usctrojancpa

I listed a turnkey Sagewood Plan 3 home in Pavilion Park (Great Park) earlier this morning on MLS. The home was built in 2014 and features 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms along with an upstairs loft with 3,024sf of living space.

The home is situated on a premium large corner lot that's 7,408sf which is one of the largest Sagewood lots in the tract (seller specifically waited for this lot when buying the home from Shea).

The home is listed at $1,538,800.

PM or email me if you are interested in seeing it.  I will have open houses this weekend on Saturday, July 27th and Sunday, July 28th from 1-4pm for both days.

Here is the Redfin link:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/147-Cardinal-92618/home/51682999

Pictures and the virtual tour along with the 3D Matterport are in the link below:

www.147Cardinal.com

If you guys are in the area, drop by to say hello and grab a little treat and check out the huge lot.  ;)

Nice house, looks clean and well taken care of.  Props on the drone shots, really makes the lot look huge from a birds eye view.

One weird question - do you know why some listings on Redfin show the sold price (when purchased from the builder), and other listings do not?  I think I?d want my listing to omit that if I had a say in it, but not sure how this works.

aquabliss said:
One weird question - do you know why some listings on Redfin show the sold price (when purchased from the builder), and other listings do not?  I think I?d want my listing to omit that if I had a say in it, but not sure how this works.

I'm guessing that it depends if it was listed/sold via MLS like some new homes are.

Like this Laguna Altura home:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/74-Borghese-92618/home/51681127

Built in 2012, but only shows price history to last year. If I remember correctly, these sold in the $700s and the tax roll seems to confirm that.

It's a nice home, I remember looking at these models.

If this sells close to list (which I assume is comp since USC prices his homes well), that's a pretty good appreciation in only 5 years.

aquabliss said:
Nice house, looks clean and well taken care of.  Props on the drone shots, really makes the lot look huge from a birds eye view.

I think that has to do who how Redfin pulls that data from the county records.  Sometimes when I go into MLS and click through on the APN# to see the sales history I don't see the sales price for newer homes, sometimes I do.  It's sorta random like that but I can always guestimate the sales price by using the first assessed value of the home as that should be the purchase price of the home.

Nice, hopefully another couple offers come in.  It's a large lot, those who want the privacy/lot size will want this home. 

After a few counters, the buyer and seller have come to terms.  I'll be putting the home on HOLD status and update it to back-up offer status once the buyer's deposit hits escrow.

USCTrojanCPA said:
After a few counters, the buyer and seller have come to terms.  I'll be putting the home on HOLD status and update it to back-up offer status once the buyer's deposit hits escrow.

Congrats on a quick contract.  This price range is pretty difficult to get on contract and there are a few competing similar properties nearby.  Will be interesting to see the closed price...

@USC so if a seller, selling and already have a contract listing with another agent, who?s lingering their house on the market for a few months without result, what is the recourse legally back out of the original listing agent and sign up with you? And if the price is already at comps, how will you convince them that your listing on their property will get result?

Price is already at where it suppose to be. I guess you have some winning, closing strategies?

Congrats on your listings.

Compressed-Village said:
@USC so if a seller, selling and already have a contract listing with another agent, who?s lingering their house on the market for a few months without result, what is the recourse legally back out of the original listing agent and sign up with you? And if the price is already at comps, how will you convince them that your listing on their property will get result?

Price is already at where it suppose to be. I guess you have some winning, closing strategies?

Congrats on your listings.

That's a great question.  I had a seller (139 Overbrook) who signed an 8 month listing agreement (I'm not kidding).  The only way for the listing agreement to be cancelled is for the listing broker agree to cancel it before the expiration date or wait until the expiration date.  In the case of my 139 Overbook seller, her previous listing agent's broker told her no way.  So we ended up renting it until the listing agreement expired and I was able to list it.  I think most all agent want a 6+ month listing agreement while I only do a 3-4 month one because I'm confident that my listings well fairly quickly (listing agreements can easily be extended if needed). 

Typically if a home is lingering on the market, even if it's around comps that may mean there may be other issues with the home (dirty, cluttered, worn, etc) so it still may be overpriced.  The longer a listing sitting the lower the price it will get compared to comps due to the negative stigma.  This is why it's important to price a home correctly from the start and get into escrow within 30 days. 

A recommendation to all the sellers out there, don't sign a listing agreement more than 4 months so you have a way out and you can always extend it if needed.

I have a good handle of where pricing needs to be for all my listing and discuss various pricing strategies with my seller giving them both the pros and cons for each pricing strategy.  Great pictures and proper presentation (cleaned, decluttered, and staged if vacant) are just as important as pricing the home right.  As I tell my sellers, the clients that follow my plan of action benefit and the ones that don't, don't. 

Got word from escrow just not that we are officially closed.  The sales price of the home is $1,490,000 and the buyer provided the seller an extended rent back at a discounted rental rate.  Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

woodburyowner said:
Congrats.  I originally thought high $1.4s for this property.  Spot on!

Goal was $1.5m and that's how we came up with the listing price, with room to negotiate down.  Given the buyer provided the seller an extended rent back below market rent the seller was happy despite not getting $1.5m.

Back