Author Topic: New Corvette C8 World Premier in Tustin 7/18/19  (Read 2388 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2204
  • -Received: 3588
  • 3CWG
Re: New Corvette C8 World Premier in Tustin 7/18/19
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2019, 02:49:52 PM »
K-1 Speed or Boomers. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2162
  • -Received: 1688
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2019, 11:40:47 AM »
Talk about a sports car bargain. Where can you get a mid engine sports car with DCT and this kind of performance for under $60k? And this is only the BASE model. I'm not a big fan of Corvettes but this is impressive engineering.
100% agree.  I've never seriously envisioned myself owning a vette.  But now?  Yeah, I would rock it.  I paid almost as much for my truck.

I don't know if it will be possible to even snag one at MSRP for the 2020 models, but I suspect used 2020s will hold their value well.  I think GM will up the sticker price quickly in the next several years, which will buoy the prices of used ones.  Think Nissan GTR.

Vettes are notorious for overheating and going into limp mode on the track. Until I see them being able to endure a 30-min track session without going into the pits, I won't even consider buying one.

Because Porsches are perfect. :)

They don't overheat on the track.  ;)

We need a track in OC..

Oh I wish we could have a track somewhere in the OC, but if they built one they'd probably set the DB sound limit to below 90db so the only cars on track would be electric cars.  haha

Where do you track your car? I have just a stock Fiat 124 Spider (aka a Fiat Miata) but took it on a track last month and was hooked. Irwindale? Willow Springs?

I mainly go to Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla as well as Spring Mountain.  I've been at California Speedway and Willow Springs, but don't really like those tracks.  Laguna Seca and Thunderhill are fun though and worth the hike.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1802
  • -Received: 1477
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2019, 01:37:32 PM »
I've been threatening to buy this car a lot lately. Now that my kids are older and will be driving themselves around, I say I'm just about ready for my mid-life crisis car. But then I get nervous when I think back to that infamous accident (Nikki Catsouras) which happened on the 241 when the teenage girl from south O.C. took her dad's Porsche 911 Carrera out against his wishes and collided with the toll booth in L.F. Maybe when my kids are completely out of the house... hopefully that's before they're 40!!

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 392
  • -Received: 591
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2019, 04:18:30 PM »
That was a horrible tragedy. The family suffered twice: once when their daughter died and second when photos of her body were uploaded on the internet.

I've been threatening to buy this car a lot lately. Now that my kids are older and will be driving themselves around, I say I'm just about ready for my mid-life crisis car. But then I get nervous when I think back to that infamous accident (Nikki Catsouras) which happened on the 241 when the teenage girl from south O.C. took her dad's Porsche 911 Carrera out against his wishes and collided with the toll booth in L.F. Maybe when my kids are completely out of the house... hopefully that's before they're 40!!

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 538
  • -Received: 1022
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2019, 02:22:52 PM »
Drop by Connnell Chevrolet at Costa Mesa today to check out the C8.  The C8 was pretty stunning in person, GM got a winner here.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 02:28:03 PM by lnc »

Offline SoCal

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1802
  • -Received: 1477
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2019, 04:19:10 PM »
I think it would be fun to buy a Civic Type R. They look fun to drive. I personally really love Hondas and have had nothing but excellent experiences from all of them that I have owned. I have to make a decision in the next few months but I am definitely considering buying one. I saw one on the road today. An early 20s guy was driving it, as expected. It might look a little bit weird if I get one. You don't see too many middle-aged moms from south O.C. bumping to Chris Tomlin in a Type R. I do know a local woman, though, who is 96 and drives one one of the actual cars featured in the Fast & Furious movies. She puts her walker in the passenger's side and holds on to the body to walk around to the driver's seat. It takes her like 10 minutes to get in. It can't get any weirder than that. She's my inspiration! I may get either this or a Camaro.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 392
  • -Received: 591
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »
If it is between this and a Camaro, get the Type R. It will certainly be a collectible in the future.

I think it would be fun to buy a Civic Type R. They look fun to drive. I personally really love Hondas and have had nothing but excellent experiences from all of them that I have owned. I have to make a decision in the next few months but I am definitely considering buying one. I saw one on the road today. An early 20s guy was driving it, as expected. It might look a little bit weird if I get one. You don't see too many middle-aged moms from south O.C. bumping to Chris Tomlin in a Type R. I do know a local woman, though, who is 96 and drives one one of the actual cars featured in the Fast & Furious movies. She puts her walker in the passenger's side and holds on to the body to walk around to the driver's seat. It takes her like 10 minutes to get in. It can't get any weirder than that. She's my inspiration! I may get either this or a Camaro.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts