New Corvette C8 World Premier in Tustin 7/18/19

iacrenter

It looks like Tustin trumps Irvine when it comes to automotive reveals. The new mid-engine C8 Corvette will be revealed on Thursday 7/18/19 in Tustin. Internet sources don't give the exact location but there aren't many options for such a big event--the Blimp Hangars being the most likely site. If you see a bunch of corvettes around Tustin Legacy then you know what's going on.
https://www.motor1.com/news/355473/chevy-corvette-c8-debut-california/
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/201...events-for-the-c8-corvette-reveal-now-public/

I always drool whenever I see American muscle cars... I really like the look of the current Corvette... even the Camaro.

Those spy pics make the Corvette look like one of those Italian exotics.

Big changes going from C7 to C8 generation--going from front engine to mid engine layout. This should significantly improved handling. Think McLaren and Porsche Cayman type track handling. Exciting times for Corvette fans.

irvinehomeowner said:
I always drool whenever I see American muscle cars... I really like the look of the current Corvette... even the Camaro.

Those spy pics make the Corvette look like one of those Italian exotics.

I liked the C3 and 1st/2nd gen Mustang.  For whatever reason the C4 and Mustang 3rd/4th gen got hit with the ugly stick.  C5/C6 were meh but C7 OK.

The De Tomaso Pantera was a work of art, compared to the DeLorean that resembled a disposable movie prop car.

Anyone live around the Blimp Hangers? Seeing any activity right now? They should have already opened the doors for the pre launch party by 4pm.

Sometimes you have to enjoy life and not worry so much about the ROI.

dims

Updated statement: It needs to be electric/new/trendy like a Tesla then TI members care about it or it needs to sell at a bargain
price. (as they say in retail doorbuster)

eyephone said:
Come on. TI members only care about ROI, How much money can I save?

Sa-sa-selll

irvinehomeowner said:

dims

Rumors suggest higher end versions (?ZR1) may incorporate electric motors/hybrid drivetrain.

eyephone said:
Updated statement: It needs to be electric/new/trendy like a Tesla then TI members care about it or it needs to sell at a bargain
price. (as they say in retail doorbuster)

eyephone said:
Come on. TI members only care about ROI, How much money can I save?

Sa-sa-selll

irvinehomeowner said:

Talk about a sports car bargain. Where can you get a mid engine sports car with DCT and this kind of performance for under $60k? And this is only the BASE model. I'm not a big fan of Corvettes but this is impressive engineering.

lnc said:
aquabliss said:
That car looks pretty sweet for under $60k starting.

Starting at $60k with 495hp mid-engine layout, that's pretty sweet indeed.

iacrenter said:
Talk about a sports car bargain. Where can you get a mid engine sports car with DCT and this kind of performance for under $60k? And this is only the BASE model. I'm not a big fan of Corvettes but this is impressive engineering.
100% agree.  I've never seriously envisioned myself owning a vette.  But now?  Yeah, I would rock it.  I paid almost as much for my truck.

I don't know if it will be possible to even snag one at MSRP for the 2020 models, but I suspect used 2020s will hold their value well.  I think GM will up the sticker price quickly in the next several years, which will buoy the prices of used ones.  Think Nissan GTR.

daedalus said:
iacrenter said:
100% agree.  I've never seriously envisioned myself owning a vette.  But now?  Yeah, I would rock it.  I paid almost as much for my truck.

I don't know if it will be possible to even snag one at MSRP for the 2020 models, but I suspect used 2020s will hold their value well.  I think GM will up the sticker price quickly in the next several years, which will buoy the prices of used ones.  Think Nissan GTR.

Vettes are notorious for overheating and going into limp mode on the track. Until I see them being able to endure a 30-min track session without going into the pits, I won't even consider buying one.

USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
iacrenter said:

Vettes are notorious for overheating and going into limp mode on the track. Until I see them being able to endure a 30-min track session without going into the pits, I won't even consider buying one.

Because Porsches are perfect. :)

USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
iacrenter said:

Bingo

Must be a lot of geezers on this board because average age of vette owner is 61 yrs:

https://www.msn.com/g00/en-us/autos/news/what-do-current-corvette-owners-think-of-the-new-c8-stingray/ar-AAECvZP?item=personalization_enabled%3afalse&i10c.ua=5&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8%3d

Back