Good:

Proximity to freeway - convenience

Nice amenities: 4 pools, 2 large parks (one from HOA the other from
City, close to JOST, club house)

Elementary and Middle school in neighborhood

Strong community - people posting a lot on Village FB Group Page

Bad
Proximity to freeway - some people prefer to be further away

Roosevelt is a busy street w/ traffic lights and divides village.  Safety concerns

Zoned to Irvine High instead of NW or Portola High

As w/ newer villages, pockets of birthing homes seen in neighborhood

I think the proximity issue is a big one.  it's not just the freeways.  CV is central to many parts of Irvine, such as the Marketplace, Spectrum, and south of the 405. 

Like Woodbury, Stonegate and Northwood II... a bit too north for us.

It's also a bit dense like Woodbury, but most hoods in Irvine are like that.

Like scubasteve mentioned, the proximity of both elem and middle schools is great, but then it's a hike/bike/drive once your kids get to high school.

I believe CV is the birthplace of the California Garage. How is that working out for anyone who has one?

I've always felt CV felt a little cramped (but better than woodbury density).  Have you considered Cypress Village East (CVE)?  Obviously not a great choice for kids, but it feels so much less crowded here than in CV.  Tristania has some new homes leftover.

Also a big plus for us picking CVE was the low MR.  MR = 1700/yr with no increases.  Cheapest MR by far compared any of the newer homes we toured.

I think the density is pretty much all the same for these newer homes. Preferably buy one with less neighbors on the sides/front/back.

As long as the home is far away enough from I-5 freeway and Sand Canyon, it's fine. At that point, it will be just like Stonegate or Eastwood since most homes there have similar floor plans/looks with elementary schools inside the village.

I'm not really getting the hype of NW High school zone thingy so if that's your thing, CV kids will go to Irvine High.

CV also has many Asians which is also the case for SG, EW, GP, PS, and pretty much all the newer Irvine villages so if you don't like that, you probably should buy in Baker Ranch, Lake Forest. Woodbury and Northwood have a little more ethnicities, but Asians are still the predominant which I don't see any problem like some do (oops :eek:).

Mety said:
As long as the home is far away enough from I-5 freeway and Sand Canyon, it's fine. At that point, it will be just like Stonegate or Eastwood since most homes there have similar floor plans/looks with elementary schools inside the village.

(oops :eek:).

what's considered to be far enough?

id_rather_be_racing said:
I've always felt CV felt a little cramped (but better than woodbury density).  Have you considered Cypress Village East (CVE)?  Obviously not a great choice for kids, but it feels so much less crowded here than in CV.  Tristania has some new homes leftover.

Also a big plus for us picking CVE was the low MR.  MR = 1700/yr with no increases.  Cheapest MR by far compared any of the newer homes we toured.

Still loving my California Garage.  Small but fully functional!

CV doesn't feel as dense to me because of the big park/CV elementary being right in the center of the neighborhood.
https://imgur.com/a/Z0CGshj

scubasteve said:
Good:

Bad

Roosevelt is a busy street w/ traffic lights and divides village.  Safety concerns

Pardon my ignorance, what are birthing homes?

kurapika168 said:
scubasteve said:
Good:

Bad

Pardon my ignorance, what are birthing homes?
Birthing Homes - Wealthy chinese visit US for the sole purpose of giving birth to babies and ensure citizenship of US for the child. They stay in these home for 6 months and then leave after baby is born. The child will return to US later in life as they are US citizen by birth. My nextdoor condo in Eastwood village is one such home...already seen 3 couples come and depart  with babies.
. The very surprising thing for me was that the couples seem to be pretty aged (almost in 50s) but yet able to have babies...sometimes twins. I mistook them to he grandparents initially but no, they are new parents. I guess they have too much money to go for expensive fertility treatments. Some young women come in pregnant...wonder how they escape immigration check.
Anyways, hope this info helps. Quite common in newer irvine neighbourhoods! You will see 2-3 pregrant chinese women walking slowly with an older lady.

kurapika168 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I believe CV is the birthplace of the California Garage. How is that working out for anyone who has one?

Mm.. what is a California Garage?

It's a garage with extra space in the back that you can use for different things... ie scubasteve set up his own 24hr Fitness there.

irvinehomeowner said:
kurapika168 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

It's a garage with extra space in the back that you can use for different things... ie scubasteve set up his own 24hr Fitness there.
So is a California Garage the same as a tandem garage?

Sorry it was Woodbury East...my wife hates all those communities, they all look similar...also met USC at your open house. 

scubasteve said:
akkord said:
scubasteve said:
Still loving my California Garage.  Small but fully functional!

Never lived in SG...https://imgur.com/a/Z0CGshj

So when I can swing by for a workout?  :)  I doubt you remember me, but I met you at your open house in Stonegate when you sold. 

Happiness said:
irvinehomeowner said:
kurapika168 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So is a California Garage the same as a tandem garage?

Kinda... tandem is more like L shape with a car-sized space in the rear, Cali Garage is still the rectangle, just added space in the rear... basically oversized lengthwise not widthwise like a 3CWG.

If I can remember a floorplan I'll post it but the way they worked is the house was built wide with the garage on the side instead of in front, so they could put that space at the back of the garage. I think it helped them put more lots into a tract because the they were not as deep.

Found one:
https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/cypress-village/mulberry/residence-3/

- The California Garage features flexible garage designs inspired by your lifestyle including an optional office, gym, playroom, dog wash and more
- Wide homesite configuration creates a dramatic streetscape presence

fp.png

I guess it's still L-shaped. I thought I saw some that were just a rectangle.

id_rather_be_racing said:

Really loud freeway noise if you notice

Back