Opinion on Tustin Fields?

JohnT

Anyone have experience with Tustin Fields? We have seen several townhomes and detached units there and think the area is nice, close to The District and technically gets Irvine schools although without kids yet that isn?t a huge factor for us.

We haven?t been as interested in that area due to the mello roos. We?ve seen similar quality homes built a few years prior which have none or much less mello roos attached to them.

What is your opinion on the area? Is it appealing to most buyers, thinking down the road for resale? Is the HOA good? We?ve heard horror stories from owners in other areas about insane parking restrictions or lack of rule enforcement, stuff like that.

But we haven?t gotten much info at all from realtors or owners  at showings regarding the area, just the generic ?Oh yeah, it?s a great area.? line.

We looked in that area a few times.

It's fine as long as you can stay away from the busy streets.

The District wasn't built when that opened so it's better now in regards to shopping/food, although the Marketplace is just up Jamboree anyways.

I thought you were set on Tustin Ranch or North Tustin.

irvinehomeowner said:
We looked in that area a few times.

It's fine as long as you can stay away from the busy streets.

The District wasn't built when that opened so it's better now in regards to shopping/food, although the Marketplace is just up Jamboree anyways.

I thought you were set on Tustin Ranch or North Tustin.

To me that are near the district/legacy is pretty similar to Tustin Ranch. My parents still want us to look at Levity, but honestly that development is looking less appealing.

We?d prefer Tustin Ranch proper, but not many homes available there. If a detached home at the right price is available near Tustin Ranch we?d consider it.

I like the proximity to Culver Plaza (Chinese stuff) and if you are into intramural sports there is some stuff at the Harvard Community Park. Some of the townhomes have unorthodox floor plans (e.g. huge 1F playroom, bedroom opening into kitchen). I agree with IHO that my #1 concern is proximity to busy streets. Really, you want to be as far away from Jamboree as possible. I don't mind train tracks at all but you should be aware that there is a level crossing nearby.

It's a good spot for commuting to a lot of places. DTLA via the train, Inland Empire via the toll road, Santa Ana via Edinger, etc.

Back