Author Topic: Which part of Irvine is away from earthquake faults and has solid rocks undernea  (Read 3308 times)

Offline paperboyNC

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 313
  • -Received: 251
  • Portola Springs
Wouldn't it be better if the HOA covers you? I know they might take forever to take care of you, but rebuilding on your own doesn't sound too attractive especially with typical deductibles you have to pay for EQ insurances.

Also I don't know if there will be any difference between an attached and a detached when they're all condo/co-ops in Irvine. SFRs with no HOA would be the case you get to do your own stuff, but I think any planned community with HOA still would need to go through them. Any idea?

I live in a detached condo.

- I have access to every exterior wall in my home
- The HOA does NOT insure the home. I do

Not all detached condos are created equal.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 142
  • -Received: 167
Wouldn't it be better if the HOA covers you? I know they might take forever to take care of you, but rebuilding on your own doesn't sound too attractive especially with typical deductibles you have to pay for EQ insurances.

Also I don't know if there will be any difference between an attached and a detached when they're all condo/co-ops in Irvine. SFRs with no HOA would be the case you get to do your own stuff, but I think any planned community with HOA still would need to go through them. Any idea?

I live in a detached condo.

- I have access to every exterior wall in my home
- The HOA does NOT insure the home. I do

Not all detached condos are created equal.

So your fully detached home is all on your own. What about semi detached/attached or zero lot detached homes? If the HOA covers those homes, then being all on your own might actually be more costly in case of earthquakes, don't you think (if neither had an EQ insurance)?

Offline jwblue

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 1
A while ago I read somewhere that Newport Beach would not be affected as severely by a major quake.

Is this patently false.

If CA sees more wildfires in the future, insurance will stop covering it, and place it in the same category as earthquake insurance with the spend $200,000+ before we start covering your house.

Earthquake coverage only begins over $200K?  I could be wrong but can anyone verify this?  I was reviewing my earthquake coverage and do not recall that.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 585
  • -Received: 508
A while ago I read somewhere that Newport Beach would not be affected as severely by a major quake.

Is this patently false.

If CA sees more wildfires in the future, insurance will stop covering it, and place it in the same category as earthquake insurance with the spend $200,000+ before we start covering your house.

Earthquake coverage only begins over $200K?  I could be wrong but can anyone verify this?  I was reviewing my earthquake coverage and do not recall that.

It depends on your deductible.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts