Smile by Design Dental Group

K.C

Stay away from this place, aka: Smile By Design, Dr Hyeonju Choi. Dr Choi has at least 3 (Three) Dental Malpractice lawsuits against him in 2012, 2014 and 2017. The last case is apparently still pending in Orange County Superior Court and is set for trial for July 22, 2019. The first two Malpractice lawsuits against Hyeonju Choi apparently settled. Dr Choi is probably the most incompetent  and unethical Dentist I have ever seen. His staff are extremely rude and unethical as well. If you are still going to go to this place make sure you have a good dental Malpractice lawyer. He placed an implant for me in July 2018. He used a cheap and off-brand  implant called Megagen. He botched it. I've been in pain ever since. In addition, He tried 4 times to place various crowns for it, all failed due to excessive pain and other complications. Judging from his extremely poor work, one would wonder if so called Dr Hyeonju Choi has any type of Dental training at all. He never returned my emergency after-hours calls. He never told me about his pending Dental Malpractice case and other Dental Malpractice cases against him.

The three Dental Malpractice  cases against Dr. Heyonju Choi can be seen at Orange County Superior Court website, under online case access:
occourts.org
Then, select civil cases and finally enter the case number (see below) and the year. You can also search by his name (search by name may need to create an account there).

Here are the three Dental Malpractice cases against Hyeonju Choi:

Filing date: MAY 25, 2017 And Nov 14, 2017 (Amended Complaint)
Case # 30-2017-00922592-cu-mm-cjc
Superior Court of California County of Orange
A Plaintiff Patient v. Hyeonju Choi DMD
Complaint:
1- Dental Malpractice
2- Lack of Informed Consent
3- Medical Battery
---------------------------
Filing date: June, 25 2014
Case # 30-2014-00730673-cu-mm-cjc
Complaint for Professional Negligence
----------------------------
Filing date: Feb 27 2012
Case # 30-2012-00547956-cu-mm-cjc
Complaint for Damages and Request for Jury trial.

Back