Nike cancels new shoe to please Communist Party

I welcome Kaepernick's and Nike's efforts to get Trump re-elected. God bless these two patriots. Just more free publicity.

Question: Does this loss by Nike need to be reported on Trump's disclosures as a campaign contribution?

will obama apologize for this racist display at his inauguration in 2013??

fez7l5w3ez731.png

ahhh , conservative snowflakes getting triggered again - maybe this should be posted in the other thread

doesn't your free market capitalist pretension mean nike as a private corporation do anything they want

and you can boycott them .... but wait , you guys already burned your nike shoes, threw in garbage your patagonia vests and power shredded your REI tents

Now it is time to go running outside barefoot and naked ... just as the founding fathers intended  !

PS -- for nike it may simply be gambling on a strategy that worked so well for them in the past  :)

From a outside business person. Shouldn?t Nike be focusing on marketing Zion the #1 NBA draft pick? (cash money)

or this could be a free publicity move (I don?t know)
Companies like to get free publicity/advertising. They don?t spend a dollar on advertising, but get a lot of exposure.

fortune11 said:
PS -- for nike it may simply be gambling on a strategy that worked so well for them in the past  :)

Wait... You mean Nike isn't taking a principled stand against racism??  I thought for sure there were white supremacists running around in these $140 basketball shoes displaying their vile hatred using the odious Betsy Ross flag.

It just shows how easily the average Dem voter is fooled by pandering.  Just scream "Racism!" and offer some free stuff and you have their vote.

Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:

Wait... You mean Nike isn't taking a principled stand against racism??  I thought for sure there were white supremacists running around in these $140 basketball shoes displaying their vile hatred using the odious Betsy Ross flag.

It just shows how easily the average Dem voter is fooled by pandering.  Just scream "Racism!" and offer some free stuff and you have their vote.

Yet the only chatter I see on this is the Maga supporters getting bunched undies forwarding the Kaepernick  complained and Nike bowed meme by a bunch of people that don't buy $150 sneakers anyway.

nosuchreality said:
Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:

Yet the only chatter I see on this is the Maga supporters getting bunched undies forwarding the Kaepernick  complained and Nike bowed meme by a bunch of people that don't buy $150 sneakers anyway.

I've seen you get bunched undies when I suggest the state of CA provides nothing for our tax dollars. 

This is just a case of the easily triggered calling out the easily triggered.  Pot meet kettle.

It's funny how the media is not calling Nike out on their farcical reasons for dropping the shoe in China and the Betsy Ross Shoe:

According to Nike:
?Based on feedback from Chinese consumers, we have withdrawn from China a small number of products that were designed by a collaborator,? a Nike spokesperson told Yahoo Finance.
Truth:
WE KOWTOW TO OUR COMMUNIST MASTERS.

According to Nike:
In a statement to CBS News on Monday night, Nike said  it "has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag."
Truth:
LORD KAEPERNICK HAS SPOKEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE.

Kings said:
remember when kaepernick said the protest wasn't about the flag?  ::)

At this point he's 3 years removed from the NFL, with a career that was only 5 seasons long anyway, and resulted in his benching.  I think he's desperate to keep his name in the news.  Without this Social Justice Warrior shtick, what does he really have? 

Most Americans have moved on, which is why the pink-haired soccer chick isn't getting much traction with her copycat routine.  The NFL is really ready to move on.  They paid him that settlement so nobody would be forced to deal with the kneeling drama.  Plus it was a ratings killer.

Give Kap credit... He figured out how to capitalize on the socio-political zeitgeist just as his career was ending, and probably made 2-3x the money from Nike and the NFL that he would have as a backup quarterback.  In that sense, what he did was very American.

Back