Forsyth County has the fastest-growing Asian population in U.S.

What's this got to do with Irvine, or the OC? Looks like someone is trying hard to get people to move out to the East Coast. No thanks!

gpquest said:
What's this got to do with Irvine, or the OC? Looks like someone is trying hard to get people to move out to the East Coast. No thanks!

Good thing you stepped in and added your 2 cents. I was just about to open escrow in Forsyth County. I'm thankful for you.

This is a "General Real Estate" sub-forum and the topic falls within that.

Cares said:
gpquest said:

Good thing you stepped in and added your 2 cents. I was just about to open escrow in Forsyth County. I'm thankful for you.

Are you serious? You were about to buy in Georgia?

Dam eyephone!,  I know sarcasm is hard to detect on message boards, but you've been on this site for so many years, you should be better at it by now.  I thought it was funny.

zubs said:
Dam eyephone!,  I know sarcasm is hard to detect on message boards, but you've been on this site for so many years, you should be better at it by now.  I thought it was funny.

True. I have to say the thought cross my mind, but I can?t picture myself living there. Unless I get a new job there, but that?s not likely.

I can see if I was out of college. That might be a possibility. Housing is like cheaper over there. Might be an option for people that just started to save or don?t have money saved up and their dream is to buy a house.

The States in the South have the highest population growth in the country.  So it's not unreasonable to invest in RE there, even if you don't live in GA.

There is an established and growing Korean population in Atlanta area.  Actress Kim Jung-hwa and her husband lives there, I was a fan of her 2003 drama "1% of Something" and prefer it over the 2016 remake.  Some people look at Asian demographic trends (or less PC, White flight & gentrification trends) and use that for investment decisions as well.

I heard somewhere Asians are the richest minorities in the USA.  I think it was a talking point from bill o reilly.  When asked why minorities are doing so poorly in the USA, he would point to Asians and say look how successful they are!  Asians make property values go up.  Asians are real estate rainmakers.  When they start moving into your neighborhood, it's gentrification time.

Invest accordingly.

Yes and no.  The wealth gap among Asian Americans is highest among ethnic groups in the US.  People tend to look at successful East Asians and Indians and neglect the Cambodians in Long Beach or Hmongs in Stockton.

eyephone said:
Cares said:
gpquest said:

Are you serious? You were about to buy in Georgia?

I'm just going to hit you with the ellipses

Momopi,

I had no idea that Actress Kim Jung-hwa and her husband lives in Atlanta. I know of several hi-profile Actress/Celebrities who lives in Irvine.

Gpquest, I never really shared my back story with you but throughout my 20s and 6 years into my 30s, I was obsessed about Irvine Real Estate. You can even say that Irvine was my idol during my 20s and 30s.  I flew to out to the Woodbury 2010 Collection to secure the Sonoma tract, but something inside of me to look elsewhere. I first discovered and started to research Forsyth County back in 2006. Back in 2009 - 2010, Forsyth County was mostly corn fields with a predominate white population of 93%. I got laughed at when I told the broker who was interviewing me for Keller Williams Johns Creek Office when I told him that Forsyth County is going to look very diverse, sort of like Santa Clara County and the city of Irvine. I got laughed at by even the TI folks back then saying that I settled for Johns Creek as I couldn't afford to buy a condo in Irvine. Let's just say that I knew about this recent article even 10 years ago.

forsyth-irvine.jpg

most-commonly-spoken-languages-Irvine.jpg

gpquest said:
What's this got to do with Irvine, or the OC?

momopi said:
Yes and no.  The wealth gap among Asian Americans is highest among ethnic groups in the US.  People tend to look at successful East Asians and Indians and neglect the Cambodians in Long Beach or Hmongs in Stockton.

There is a reason for this as well...the bulk of the East Asians were from middle/upper middle segments of homeland.  Most of them had or were pursuing college/graduate degrees or had some level of financial resources to start businesses.  Meanwhile, Cambodians and Hmongs largely came as refugees and thus had little or no resources to dwell upon.

Panda said:

Past performance is not indication of future success.

The bulk of the Asians moving to Georgia are NY/NJ transplants looking for a bigger house and milder winters. 

The vast bulk of Asian immigrant (which is pretty much Mainland Chinese immigrants) settled in LA, SF, DC or NY.  The data is a little old but still on point
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/art...d-states#Distribution by State and Key Cities

Georgia is nice niche market like Houston and Portland but it will never be a major market like LA/SF/NY. 

Also, if you invest in southern states, you are going to have to deal with humidity and potential hurricanes/tornadoes.

Your comment may hold true in the stock market, but in the real estate market, the Forsyth County's demographics is headed towards the 2015 Irvine demographics as I write much faster than I had expected.

"Past performance is not indication of future success."

Irvinecommuter said:
Panda said:

Past performance is not indication of future success.

The bulk of the Asians moving to Georgia are NY/NJ transplants looking for a bigger house and milder winters. 

The vast bulk of Asian immigrant (which is pretty much Mainland Chinese immigrants) settled in LA, SF, DC or NY.  The data is a little old but still on point
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/art...d-states#Distribution by State and Key Cities

Georgia is nice niche market like Houston and Portland but it will never be a major market like LA/SF/NY. 

Also, if you invest in southern states, you are going to have to deal with humidity and potential hurricanes/tornadoes.

Panda said:
Your comment may hold true in the stock market, but in the real estate market, the Forsyth County's demographics is headed towards the 2015 Irvine demographics as I write much faster than I had expected.

I fundamentally disagree with you.  Growth rate is always skewed in favor of areas with low populations and disparate ratios.

In 2000, Forsythe County had approximately 785 Asians...in 2010..that number was about 10,000...in 2018...the estimate is about 34K in 2018.

In 2000, Irvine had about 40K Asians...about 83K in 2010...and over 110K in 2018.

Just sheer numbers alone...Irvine doubles Forsythe County. 

We has have not talked about density with Irvine at about 66 square miles and Forsyth County at 247 square miles.

You are also ignoring the predominance of Asians in areas surrounding Irvine including GG, Tustin, Fullerton, Buena Park, Cerritos, Westminister...not to mention huge Asian population centers in the rest of Los Angeles/Southern California.

OC has about a 25% Asian population...LA has about 18% Asians.  SD County is at 38% Asian. 

I appreciate that you want to push a narrative but seriously...stop trying to compare Forsythe County to Irvine. 

i am not comparing 2018 irvine vs 2018 forsyth. i am comparing 1998 irvine and 2018 forsyth.

It appears that you and i dont agree on anything.

Panda said:
i am not comparing 2018 irvine vs 2018 forsyth. i am comparing 1998 irvine and 2018 forsyth.

It appears that you and i dont agree on anything.

I know you are projecting Forsythe as 2038 Irvine but the world is fundamentally different than it was 20 years ago.  20 years ago, United States was the primary location where people in Asia wanted to go to better themselves...that is not the case anymore.  Many have elected to stay in their homelands or go to China for opportunities.   

Furthermore, the bulk of the gains in Forsythe County in Asian population is Indian, which make sense in light of the dominance of AT&T.
https://www.towncharts.com/Georgia/Demographics/Forsyth-County-GA-Demographics-data.html

I am not going to dispute that the south is growing or that Forsyth County is probably a nice place to live but there are fundamental reasons why California has been a destination for Asians for 150 years.

Back