Feedback on new site idea - villages/tracts in Irvine

zovall

For a while now, I've wanted to put together a site showing the different villages/tracts in Irvine. I thought it would be cool to have details on the plans, sales activity in the tract, mello roos, hoa info, etc easily available. A friend of mine has helped me put a mockup together and I wanted to get some feedback on it before we go further with trying to build it out. This is just a mockup (actual content is not necessarily correct). So let me know what you think (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly).

plans3.png

It would be cool to have it geograhic label at the root. West, East, Coastal, etc...from there it can be drill down each zip codes, then neighborhood and villages.

This will be a lot of work. But you got my vote.

Being able to accurately identify what builder/community/plan # would be huge for me. Currently I'm digging through multiple sites of data to figure this out and trying to match up sq. footage, pictures to floor plans, etc. If this site could do that for me I would use it all the time.

Kangen.Irvine said:
Agree. Floor plans would offer a great service to any future buyer.

Agreed, then I can stop my subscription to insidetract to get access to floor plans.  haha

Having accurate, original floor plans and data would allow buyers to reference the information and verify sq ft.  Sometimes the sellers um...  "upgrade" or "round up" the sq ft on their listings on redfin.

Work in progress.. here's a look at the tract page:https://staging.tractview.com/tracts/las-colinas

The floorplan part needs to be improved.. might have the floorplan table be used to select which plan is displayed.

So far on this thread, it seems like having floorplans is the most important thing..
Would the sales data be useful too or do you just go to Redfin or Zillow for that sort of thing?

Though the skeleton for the site is coming together, finding the floor plan data will be key. If anyone has leads on how to get this (via the county/city maybe?) let me know. If you've collected these things over the years/decades, we can scan them in too.

zovall said:
Though the skeleton for the site is coming together, finding the floor plan data will be key. If anyone has leads on how to get this (via the county/city maybe?) let me know. If you've collected these things over the years/decades, we can scan them in too.

Like USC, the only one I know is Inside Tract.

For Irvine, floorplans up until about 2010, hit up IrvineRealtor... his site has them until that year I believe.

Yeah, I imagine Inside Tract went through a lot of work to collect that information. I'm not opposed to putting in the work but not sure of the best way to get to the source. The sources I do have are the flyers over the years from the sales offices. Anyone else here been collecting those?

Back