Disney Flex Pass

nosuchreality

Anybody pick a flexpass up for Disneyland?  We're thinking about it but curious if the reservations on weekend are like trying to score a cottage in crystal cove?  Interesting concept if we can use it on a Sunday and see we can get in and use it at the last minute.  If we need to scramble to just book a sunday two months out to get in, then its basically useless.

nosuchreality said:
Anybody pick a flexpass up for Disneyland?  We're thinking about it but curious if the reservations on weekend are like trying to score a cottage in crystal cove?  Interesting concept if we can use it on a Sunday and see we can get in and use it at the last minute.  If we need to scramble to just book a sunday two months out to get in, then its basically useless.

The pass has been out for a couple of days. No one can answer your question.

Pass

It kind of gets old. I feel like I can answer any Disneyland/California questions or give strategies to go on rides.

eyephone said:
Pass

It kind of gets old. I feel like I can answer any Disneyland/California questions or give strategies to go on rides.

Depends on what stage of life you're in. My kid loves Disney so it's the easy answer on what to do. Just chill out and take things slowly. We all have Premier passes which let's us go to Disney World as well. We took 2 trips there and just those trips alone paid for the cost of Premier.

We gave up our premiersignature plus passes because we just weren't getting the value.  When your kid cries cuz you're going to disneyland again, you're a little burnt.  But its settled enough that the occasional trip over for a quckie ride and parade or fireworks is back on the table.

While new (only since 21st) I figured if anyone got one we'd already have visibility into if the reservations are viable or not.

bones said:
Cares said:
Here's a reddit thread with people talking about their reservation experience so far:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland/comments/brbhg6/the_new_flex_pass_reservation_experience/

Was just about to comment about reddit. Also the calendar is up and looks like only one date in June is at capacity?  Not sure how accurate it is.

Makes sense to me. June 24 is the first day reservations are not required for Galaxy's Edge. 24th is the further day you can book out from today. I would imagine June 25th would be booked up by tomorrow.

I?m thinking about this too. Just curious NSR (and others), how many times do you feel like you need to go to make the pass worth it? I?m thinking 10-12 times?

bones said:
I?m thinking about this too. Just curious NSR (and others), how many times do you feel like you need to go to make the pass worth it? I?m thinking 10-12 times?

It kinda of depends...a family of 4 would cost $2400 a year...that's a nice vacation.  But if you have young children and are going to take them to different places anyways, it could be worth it. 

Depends on which pass you get.

Signature and Signature Plus get parking included in your pass so it's a $25/visit value. Price difference between Sig ($1149) and Deluxe ($799) is $350 so breakeven on parking benefit alone is 14 visits.

One day park hopper tickets are $199 on peak days. That's typically the difference between Signature and Deluxe blackout dates. So if you go just 2 days that you can with Signature and not Deluxe then you get that value.

Additionally deriving the value of Deluxe is by taking the regular park hopper ticket price of $179. Breakeven is 4.5 visits.

If you're willing to go because you want to go but not because you want to achieve the value of your season pass then it is an easy decision. If you're just forcing yourself to go then there are better entertainment options to spend your money on.

bones said:

About that many of what I'd call half day trips (in shortly after opening and leave early afternoon), plus an equal number of quickie runs. In at open and two or three rides and out either before lunch or eat lunch there or DTDisney and then gone or drop in for just an electric parade or fireworks show.  That's how we used to use our Signature Plus passes since parking was included.  No deathmarch park visits.

Did they already change the reservation window?  I thought originally you could have two reservations out to 90 days but maybe I'm confusing the 90 days no-show item.

So now it's kind of watch and see how the availability runs the next few days and the rolling 30 day window makes the further days available.

You are allowed to have 2 reservations in any given 30 day window. Once your reservation date passes you can reserve again. If you are a no-show then you are on Santa's naughty list and cannot reserve for 90 days. But you can still go on the "Good to go" days without reservation.

Back