Nova at Novel Park

aquabliss

Anyone go to the grand opening today?  Weird setup, feels like an apartment or dorm building.  There are shared interior hallways and stairways.  Attached garages all lead to a shared hallway then you enter the home from a shared interior hallway.

Donald Bren would probably go into cardiac arrest after touring these...

irvinehomeshopper said:
Did you get a chance to tour all of the products?

I designed 2 projects there and can you figure out which two?

I did... it was a good use of space for a small area.  Even the 1 Bedroom, seemed liveable but honestly the big fail here is the low 9ft ceilings.  They should have made the ceilings 10 or 11 ft and it would have dramatically changed the ambiance and given them a more urban feel.  Not that you had a say in the matter IHS :)

aquabliss said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

I did... it was a good use of space for a small area.  Even the 1 Bedroom, seemed liveable but honestly the big fail here is the low 9ft ceilings.  They should have made the ceilings 10 or 11 ft and it would have dramatically changed the ambiance and given them a more urban feel.  Not that you had a say in the matter IHS :)

I actually thought there was a lot of wasted space with so many hallways and randomly located storage areas assigned to each unit outside in those hallways.

You should have just made the storage closets within the units themselves.

It seems like these are targeted to millennials but I didn?t see any millennials shopping.  Just the usual FCB?s.  The price point is just to high - 500 to 600k for what is basically an apartment that you?ll eventually outgrow.  Easier to just rent from IAC with better amenities and location.

I didn't go to the grand opening but the dusty boots tour. I got a good feel for all the products since I visualize well with the floor plans without seeing the house itself. I'm highly disappointed in the offering and the price point. Why do you think they $700k-1M stuff is not moving? Tons of other new construction options in that range without the enormous HOA and MR.

WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

I actually thought there was a lot of wasted space with so many hallways and randomly located storage areas assigned to each unit outside in those hallways.

You should have just made the storage closets within the units themselves.

It seems like these are targeted to millennials but I didn?t see any millennials shopping.  Just the usual FCB?s.  The price point is just to high - 500 to 600k for what is basically an apartment that you?ll eventually outgrow.  Easier to just rent from IAC with better amenities and location.

For the same price, the condo in CV is way much better..less connected and better located.

Yes Echo is the 3rd generation of Carlisle. Parker guessed it correctly. This is the only detached program at Novel Park. I don?t think in the history of Irvine a single home builder exclusively built and selling an entire community with 7 projects.

The best product in the range of Mid $600s is Modo. I do think Modo has the potential of price appreciation. I think price went up in phase 3 and the models have not even opened yet.

Back