I don't understand men

socal78

Do men like domineering, mean women?

Yesterday I was at the grocery store. A man was there with his wife/gf. They both appeared to be mid-30's. She was a total b****  while emasculating him in public. He barely spoke a word yet she had a really hostile tone. "Don't second-guess everything I do!" "I know what we need to buy -- not you! I know what I'm doing!" "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR ATTITUDE!!!" She was loud enough that she was making a scene in every aisle. He responded with total silence and obedience as he pushed the shopping cart behind her like an obedient slave. He also had a checked-out look on his face. At one point, I made a disgruntled expression... he saw me and reacted with nothing but a deep, blank stare of the eyes. I didn't think you could actually talk to a man like that in public and he would just stand there like an idiot and take it. It had me completely baffled.

I've had something similar happen at a place I worked where this one lady was condescending, rude, and confrontational to our manager & to the rest of us. But he had her back all the time. Meanwhile, he would throw people under the bus who were respectful to him, myself included... it totally broke my spirit and destroyed trust because I respected him a lot up until that point. It was a real headscratcher.

Men confuse me so bad. I think they are emotionless robots. Maybe if their entire family was murdered in a day, they would shed a single tear. Maybe. These guys give the impression that being a b***** is the secret to success.

Well...I don't think you can draw generalizations from singular examples.  I mean a lot of women like "bad boys".  Both men and women are victims of domestic abuse/violence.  It's a self-esteem many a times. 

You also don't know what the relationship of the people involved are like...people act a certain way in public and different at home.  People also act different with their family/spouse than other people.

But a guy can take a lot of abuse if the woman is physically attractive.

The guy might be a sub and is happy with a Dom partner.

Like we used to say back in college fencing class, it's a sport for those who like to poke, and those who like to be poked.

Back