Author Topic: Question for anyone living in Petaluma/Marin/San Mateo/Marigold/Vivo etc.  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 130
  • -Received: 140
Since when you need privacy? ;)
There is no expectation of privacy once you walk out of your house.

Yes, but it's nice to have a little bit of privacy when you're at home. I wouldn't want to smell someone smoking from my living room.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 342
  • -Received: 593

Yes, but it's nice to have a little bit of privacy when you're at home. I wouldn't want to smell someone smoking from my living room.

Hypotethical- If you live by a chain smoker there’s like nothing you can do.
Maybe do a marketing campaign on your neighbor that smoking might be bad. (Get/order free pamphlets, print material from websites, wear a T-shirt that states your view) lol

Cough loud, show attitude, don’t smile at your neighbor that is causing you breathing problems but smile at other neighbors (use discretion before you do it and of course don’t blame me if anything happens or your neighbor goes crazy) wink
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 02:08:41 PM by eyephone »

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 130
  • -Received: 140

Maybe do a marketing campaign on your neighbor that smoking is bad. (Get pamphlets, print material from websites, wear a T-shirt that states your view) lol

Cough loud, show attitude, amplify your voice (use discretion before you do it and of course don’t blame me if anything happens or your neighbor goes crazy) wink

If someone smokes, it's really up to them to decide to keep smoking or start quitting. While I can suggest teenagers not to smoke, I can't force any full grown adults to stop smoking.

What I want to hear from you guys is what villages in Irvine you would say provide more privacy. I think Woodbridge has both good village amenities and layouts where there's more space between homes to provide more privacy. The same for University Park and Turtle Rock. They're just so old and usually there aren't many kids less than 10 year-old residing. From West Park (late 80s) and on, they started to build these 6-pack type of homes where there is only a short wall between your yard and my yard or sometimes my wall is part of your yard kinda thing. I guess it's called zero lot line or something. Anyways, if you guys know any village or floorplans that give you more privacy in Irvine, please share.

Offline akkord

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 70
Anyways, if you guys know any village or floorplans that give you more privacy in Irvine, please share.

Shady Canyon, you didn't say what price range.  >:D

Offline misme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 20
  • -Received: 32

Maybe do a marketing campaign on your neighbor that smoking is bad. (Get pamphlets, print material from websites, wear a T-shirt that states your view) lol

Cough loud, show attitude, amplify your voice (use discretion before you do it and of course don’t blame me if anything happens or your neighbor goes crazy) wink

If someone smokes, it's really up to them to decide to keep smoking or start quitting. While I can suggest teenagers not to smoke, I can't force any full grown adults to stop smoking.

What I want to hear from you guys is what villages in Irvine you would say provide more privacy. I think Woodbridge has both good village amenities and layouts where there's more space between homes to provide more privacy. The same for University Park and Turtle Rock. They're just so old and usually there aren't many kids less than 10 year-old residing. From West Park (late 80s) and on, they started to build these 6-pack type of homes where there is only a short wall between your yard and my yard or sometimes my wall is part of your yard kinda thing. I guess it's called zero lot line or something. Anyways, if you guys know any village or floorplans that give you more privacy in Irvine, please share.

older neighborhoods, definitely.
Turtle Rock
old Westpark (1)
Woodbridge
Camino Real
certain parts of Northwood Pointe have big lots. don't know what your budget is.

Turtle rock is at a stage where it is starting to get tear down/ custom rebuilds, so you can look for a new build in an old established neighborhood if you want newer.

most of all--
OUTSIDE OF IRVINE!!! for privacy

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 653
  • -Received: 944
  • Mmmm....people.....
Outdoor water treatment - small fountain, bird bath with bubbler - suppresses most unwanted noise.

As for smells, even a reasonably large lot as I have that is also backing a school yard (2 side neighbors only) we still get a whiff of what others in the neighborhood are cooking. One neighbor has a chiminea that lights up every so often so we also get some smoke. Every day? Yeah, that's a problem. Once in a while? That's life.

My .02c

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Low Income Housing Coming to CVE and PP by aquabliss
[Today at 12:10:02 AM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by zubs
[Yesterday at 11:51:14 PM]

Re: Tesla Solar Panels Price Cut by zubs