Author Topic: Question for anyone living in Petaluma/Marin/San Mateo/Marigold/Vivo etc.  (Read 1054 times)

Offline winterblues

• Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 0
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here live in one of the IP tracts mentioned above? I'm curious (particularly if you are in a lot with a home behind you)--if you are outside in your patio and one or more neighbors are outside in theirs--can you hear them talking? Or are the patio walls high enough/substantial enough that it buffers the noise?

I live in a detached end unit condo in Woodbury so I don't have this issue (though there is still a lack of privacy), but my brother is about to put in an offer at Marin in Eastwood Village and was wondering if the patio would be peaceful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline paydawg

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 87
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone here live in one of the IP tracts mentioned above? I'm curious (particularly if you are in a lot with a home behind you)--if you are outside in your patio and one or more neighbors are outside in theirs--can you hear them talking? Or are the patio walls high enough/substantial enough that it buffers the noise?

I live in a detached end unit condo in Woodbury so I don't have this issue (though there is still a lack of privacy), but my brother is about to put in an offer at Marin in Eastwood Village and was wondering if the patio would be peaceful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Why is your question specific to only those IP tracts? 
Thanks in advance for the 'thanks'!!

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 580
  • -Received: 497
90% of TIC new homes have same set back so yes you hear people talking if you are in the backyard.  Thankfully, most TIC areas are filled with Asians that never use their backyards :)

Waiting for IHO to chime in about yard space!

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2076
  • -Received: 3523
  • 3CWG
Small lots require cone of silence. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline winterblues

• Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 0
Thanks everyone! I hope my question didn't offend--I have a tiny yard and a condo only as wide as my 2-car garage, so I can certainly relate to small lot sizes!

My question pertained to these IP tracts because my impression is all the examples I mentioned have a similar floorplan and a similar motorcourt arrangement, and my brother is specifically looking to buy one of these. Wanted to get a true picture of what it would be like living there.

Thanks again!

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
Thanks everyone! I hope my question didn't offend--I have a tiny yard and a condo only as wide as my 2-car garage, so I can certainly relate to small lot sizes!

My question pertained to these IP tracts because my impression is all the examples I mentioned have a similar floorplan and a similar motorcourt arrangement, and my brother is specifically looking to buy one of these. Wanted to get a true picture of what it would be like living there.

Thanks again!

Not offended...TIC make their plans pretty well known...big house..small yards.  It's a feature...not a defect :)

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 237
  • -Received: 170
Small lot or big lot really have to appeal an individual use and needs. As long as you an owner, that's a big plus.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 117
  • -Received: 128
Youngsters don't need yards. Some homes these days don't even have dining areas but instead they put a huge island where you can have that Uber Eats on your feet.

I'm curious though. So if one of these six homes grills a BBQ, does the smoke or smell pretty much invade the whole 6-pack? Also IC said you can hear next doors if you're outside at yard/patio, but what about when you have the windows open? Do IC's Asian neighbors don't even open the windows?

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
Youngsters don't need yards. Some homes these days don't even have dining areas but instead they put a huge island where you can have that Uber Eats on your feet.

I'm curious though. So if one of these six homes grills a BBQ, does the smoke or smell pretty much invade the whole 6-pack? Also IC said you can hear next doors if you're outside at yard/patio, but what about when you have the windows open? Do IC's Asian neighbors don't even open the windows?

I can't say for other yards but I don't think anyone in my immediate neighborhood have a home BBQ...everyone I know BBQs at the pool.

We open windows occasionally at night but don't hear much.  Most of the people I see in my community keep their windows closed.

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 34
  • -Received: 13
I live in one of these IP tracts. Pretty common to hear your neighbors if you are in the yard. Most walls are just 10=15 ft offset from the structure. New IP homes are closely packed together.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
$1m can't get you the privacy no more, huh?

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 34
  • -Received: 13
$1m can't get you the privacy no more, huh?

not any more! For Petaluma plan 3, it cost us close to 1 mil after upgrades & landscape. Our house adjoins 5 other homes in the back/sides. If next door house does barbecue or someone smokes, we can smell in our great room.  Thats urban living in Irvine :) Even the higher end calistoga homes hardly have any privacy.

But the neighborhood is nice!

Offline B2FiNiTY

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 31
no more privacy in these new homes, that's for sure.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
Where would you say gives more privacy with decent village amenities? Woodbridge? University Park? Turtle Rock? Any newer (post 2000) area?

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 313
  • -Received: 573
Since when you need privacy? ;)
There is no expectation of privacy once you walk out of your house.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: New Development: PS-5 by lnc
[Today at 05:13:43 PM]

Re: Musick jail is finally poised to grow by Compressed-Village
[Today at 04:32:32 PM]

Re: Musick jail is finally poised to grow by aquabliss
[Today at 03:39:25 PM]