Any suggestions for a six year old boy's birthday

sikari

We have had parties at My Gym, Pump-it up, and Chuck E Cheese. Any other ideas or suggestions?

TIA!

Have you ever been to Scooter's Jungle in Aliso Viejo? Along the same lines as Pump it Up --- but WAY better. The have one slide that's about 50 feet...The boys (and their dads) all really like that one.

We went to a Laser Quest Party in the Kaleidoscope in Mission Viejo, my kids didn't go in, but the others ones did and enjoyed it (even a 4 year old girl).

Also have been to an Ice Skating party at the Ice Rink in Aliso Viejo during the summer which was interesting since they had to dress for cold weather and then it was so hot outside.

If you can do one at home and have the space, renting a jump house is fun for the kids too (but you have to do all the cooking and cleaning).

Wildfire Gymnastics does a great job. They open up the facility and the kids run around like crazy. The best is the foam pit they use. The kids get to jump from like 7-8 feet and the instructors throw them in as well.

Any Bowling alley works too. Tustin Lanes or Strikes in the area bumper bowling and Pizza and they are occupied the whole time.

Man... I just realized that we go to way too many kid parties... we've been to Wildfire too.

Also Boomer's has party packages too.

That is the truth!!!!

I hate Boomers to be honest because it is so hard to wrangle all the kids. Some want the arcade some want mini golf some want go carts.

I like the concept of all in one place without me running like a chicken with my head cut off.

Luckily my kids have summer B-Days so we have been doing Wild Rivers with a few friends.

Hey Farrels is now open again too.

hi everyone. im new to this site but my husband loved the IHB. anyways, im a school psychologist and im so excited to join this forum!

[quote author="idreamofgenie"]hi everyone. im new to this site but my husband loved the IHB. anyways, im a school psychologist and im so excited to join this forum![/quote]

Welcome!

I like Scooter's Jungle as well. If you go there, make sure to request the room that has the eating area and jumping area together- so parents can be seated watching (and eating).

I have been to the bowling places, but I wasn't so much a fan. The kids seemed to like the video games more than the bowling- and the bowling game is too short. It doesn't take a lot of time to finish, and I've been so many times running around trying to watch my kids all over with the video games. It's not too much together time with the kids.

I have kids with Spring bdays. We had it at Waterworks Aquatics- the kids had a good time.

I recently went to Young Chefs Academy (Jeffrey and Irvine Center Drive)- good for boys and girls. The kids made pizza and ate their creations. Everyone had a good time.

Maybe too young for this yet, but my daughter said the most fun party she had was when she turned 10 at the Regal/Edwards theater in the Irvine/Tustin Marketplace. They have a couple of different packages, but basically, they rope off an area in the lobby for you to have cake and presents, then each kid gets a few game tokens to use. Each kid also gets a kids reel meal deal and you have a reserved row in the movie theater. The best part was the kids got to tour the projection booth and my daughter got to start the movie they were going to watch.

Also, Jump n Jammin in Mission Viejo is fun.

Thanks for the replies! We have gone to too many bounce house and clown parties, the movie theatre and young chefs do sound refreshing.

[quote author="idreamofgenie"]hi everyone. im new to this site but my husband loved the IHB. anyways, im a school psychologist and im so excited to join this forum![/quote]

Welcome here! We are so glad you came and are excited to join. Having a school psychologist such as yourself is a real asset to this board. Hope you will stick around. Is your hubby a user we are familiar with or a lurker?

I had the best 6y birthday ever. It was at a place called Adventure Playground in Irvine. I had girls in high school coming up to me telling me how much fun they remembered having at my birthday party in 1st grade.

I hear its closed right now though. <!-- s:( --:mad:<!-- s:( --> Hopefully not permanently.

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour at the Shops at Mission Viejo

or...

RIDEMAKERZ?

This new store in the Downtown Disney? District is a supercharged interactive experience that lets kids build, customize and trick out their very own radio-controlled vehicles! RIDEMAKERZ? is now open through January 2010.

DTD_Ridemakerz.jpg

* Satisfy your need for speed with over 649 million ways to create a mean machine.
* Vehicle models include dozens of real world and concept cars: Ford Mustangs, Dodge Vipers, Chevy Corvettes, hot-rods, pick-up trucks, sport coupes and more!
* Choose from hundreds of accessories like Decalz, Side Pipez, Blown-Out Enginez, Spoilerz and Tail Pipez to unleash a one-of-a-kind ride.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyla....zShoppingPag e

Back