Short Term Rentals

Cares

So I know according to the city code it is prohibited to have short term rentals like AirBNB or VRBO. If you go online and search there are literaly hundreds maybe thousands active. My neighborhood alone has 15+ listings with one person owning 8 homes. Does the city even care? Will they enforce anything?

my community actively enforces and sends the listings to the city.  i can say that there are currently no listings where i live.  be the change you want to see  :)

Problem I'm facing is that I definitively know these homes are in my community based on map location and pictures but I don't know the exact address. How can I go about reporting them? Will they action a plain AirBNB listing?

Can you report them to Airbnb? Im guessing their Terms state that the listings have to be in accordance with local laws, etc

Cares said:
Problem I'm facing is that I definitively know these homes are in my community based on map location and pictures but I don't know the exact address. How can I go about reporting them? Will they action a plain AirBNB listing?

No they won?t. Like someone said, you need the exact address. Crowd source it on next door or the neighborhood FB page. Most owners want these listings out too and can keep an eye out for Airbnb activity in neighboring houses. Your HOA probably keeps a list too.

just book a night far enough out that when you cancel you get a full refund.  i believe airbnb will send you the address after your reservation is confirmed.  >:D

I'm a man on a mission! Identified 6 of the 8 Airbnbs in my neighborhood and reported them to the city. I used street view, satellite, builder site plan, neighbors models, etc. all as reference. Looked up tax data on all the homes. Mapped out entire neighborhood.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS...WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU?

Cares said:
I'm a man on a mission! Identified 6 of the 8 Airbnbs in my neighborhood and reported them to the city. I used street view, satellite, builder site plan, neighbors models, etc. all as reference. Looked up tax data on all the homes. Mapped out entire neighborhood.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS...WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU?

What Irvine Village are those law breakers in?

Honestly who cares? Your better off reporting to the city if there is any cash only business.  ;)

(Since they had a decrease in tax revenue)
Doesn?t make sense, since there are more housing and retail than last year.

eyephone said:
Honestly who cares? Your better off reporting to the city if there is any cash only business.  ;)

Well I Cares. badum tshhh

Random people using the community amenities and pools and leaving trash everywhere has become an annoyance. I wouldn't care if they stayed in their lane but once you're encroaching on me then it becomes a problem.

Cares said:
eyephone said:

Well I Cares. badum tshhh

Random people using the community amenities and pools and leaving trash everywhere has become an annoyance. I wouldn't care if they stayed in their lane but once you're encroaching on me then it becomes a problem.

Take a video of them littering and call the cops. Then post the video on YouTube or take pics of them while on your neighborhood watch patrol. (joking for entertainment purposes)

Back