Toll Brothers Customer Service

Arman

I'm considering buying a new home from Toll Bros outside of OC and want to know what their customer care is like? Top notch like the New Home Company? (My current Irvine home is from The New Home Company and really can't complain about any of their after-sale warranty replies/fixes.)

It?s going to depend a lot on the rep not so much Toll Bros as a company.  Many make a post on city data forums in that specific area and ask if anyone has experience with Toll:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/

Thanks for the website... didn't know it existed.

aquabliss said:
It?s going to depend a lot on the rep not so much Toll Bros as a company.  Many make a post on city data forums in that specific area and ask if anyone has experience with Toll:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/

There was a lady who posted a toll brothers rant during the Black Gold yorba linda build up probably 10 years ago.  She didn't get her earnest money back for some reason and wanted us to know Toll was a shitty company. 

In my experience (outside OC) they are pretty good even if we are not the original owner of the house.

They are just very slow to get things done but it gets done.

To be honest, if you look for problems and complaints, you will find it. No builders perfect. Just have to keep your after sale rep in a short leash and don?t be unreasonable.

Your after sale rep can be a great resource or your worse nightmare.

Compressed-Village said:
To be honest, if you look for problems and complaints, you will find it. No builders perfect. Just have to keep your after sale rep in a short leash and don?t be unreasonable.

Your after sale rep can be a great resource or your worse nightmare.

+1  This is what some of my buyers found out.  All of the builders have their issues and every single brand new home that I've closed one had repair items (some more than others).  That's why I tell all my new home buyers that it's very important for buyers to get a home inspection even for a new home. 

FWIW ?- Talking to colleagues and some friends who recently bought new homes it seems the labor and materials shortage esp in 2017 caused many builders (mostly their sub contractors but builders are ultimately responsible anyways)  to cut corners  , including toll . One complains about the large sliding glass doors not sealing properly during the recent heavy rains and winds. But for Toll atleast ,  I am told they were super quick in responding to complaints and took everything very seriously. 

So I would be extra careful with inspections if your mass-builder  home finished construction between sat late 16 to early 18.

Back to the original question,  I just bought a new Toll home and the customer service has been excellent.  It's better than the other builders I've worked with.  To the question about quality,  yes there has been some short cuts seen as compared to a custom built home I've done.  I've seen this with the other builders I've bought from also.

I am in Bella Vista and service has been great.  Initial build quality is great as well. All issues were minor.  The construction guys were glad to give me some free upgrades and modifications for me before and after closing of escrow as well.  I was very impressed.  5th new home in 20 years - Irvine Pac, William Lyon, Brookfield, Tri Pointe, Toll.  I have not noticed any shortcuts.  My only complaints are:

Extra high price of some upgrades $40K for glass pocket doors and 12K just to get kitchen cabinets to the ceiling.  Other upgrades were the usual high builder upgrade prices.
Prep Kitchen option drawing has full size sink but it actually came with a small sink.  To their credit they changed it for me when I complained.

Very happy overall.

Back