Do you know what kind of budget cuts your school is facing?

nosuchreality

Both State wide and county wide, enrollment continues to decline in the State in K-12 education.  At the county level, most districts have been experiencing multiple years of declining enrollments.  Even IUSD, which while they haven't experience declines are experiencing much lower than projected enrollment.

Because of the nature of funding for K-12 education being student attendance day driven, many schools are facing mulltiple years of upcoming budget cuts, tapping into reserves and re-positioning schools.  If you attend movies, you have seen the various school district ads.

I suspect were heading into a few years, if not several of very tumultuous times for the local schools.

Previously on TI: I used to complain about donating supplies

Well now I do help out. I hope others do also. It?s to help the kids in the classroom.

Parent donations / PTO provide many services in our school that the district will not fund: PE, art, iPads, science camp, special assemblies/ speakers, etc... Without parent volunteers and donations the school would not be the same.

Back