Is the Irvine Company the cause of all this bad dust in the air?

frank69m

So, this morning, I washed my car and it was sparking. I left it outside in the driveway. When I went outside about an hour later, I noticed a pretty good amount of dust already on it. Now, today isn't really windy at all. Imagine this is the air you are breathing when you walk around outside.

I'm wondering with all this construction and dump road work that isn't needed is the cause of all this. Irvine company spreading the good air around?

frank69m said:
So, this morning, I washed my car and it was sparking. I left it outside in the driveway. When I went outside about an hour later, I noticed a pretty good amount of dust already on it. Now, today isn't really windy at all. Imagine this is the air you are breathing when you walk around outside.

I'm wondering with all this construction and dump road work that isn't needed is the cause of all this. Irvine company spreading the good air around?

Maybe you should get a car cover for your Lambo.  ;)
I don?t think it?s Irvine Company?s fault.

eyephone said:
frank69m said:

LOL. I wish  The car cover would be all dusty and I would need to wash it every other week...

In any case, have you guys noticed all the dust lately. Not healthy going for a walk in the afternoon knowing this is in the air.

frank69m said:
eyephone said:
frank69m said:

LOL. I wish  The car cover would be all dusty and I would need to wash it every other week...

In any case, have you guys noticed all the dust lately. Not healthy going for a walk in the afternoon knowing this is in the air.

Dust with TCe? ;)

I've noticed the same thing (regarding your car getting dusty). I'm pretty sure it's the pollen from the yellow wildflowers growing on the hills. I live at Orchard Hills, and the hills are absolutely covered in flowers. They're beautiful, but they come at a cost of everything being covered in pollen for a couple weeks. I'm sure the same flowers are in full bloom on the hills near Quail Hill and Oak Creek. Hope this helps! :)

The pollen from plants and also there's been so many butterflies around lately. I'm sure those butterflies spread dusts also. I don't know if it's dangerous to walk outside in such condition, but there may be more allergic reactions and possible risk if more pesticides being used.

I think the rain and the bright sun are boosting these bugs and plants to grow rapidly. Anyone noticed significantly more amount of flies and mosquitos last summer? I'm afraid there might be even more if this type of weather continues.

Mety said:
The pollen from plants and also there's been so many butterflies around lately. I'm sure those butterflies spread dusts also. I think the rain and the bright sun are boosting these bugs and plants to grow rapidly. Anyone noticed significantly more amount of flies and mosquitos last summer? I'm afraid there might be even more if this type of weather continues.

Just get a car cover for your car also.  ;)  jk

Technically... yes.

The Irvine Company used Pine trees to landscape everywhere. These trees are experiencing a "super bloom" of their own what with all the rain. It can seem as if a  light fog crept in as the pollen is swept off the trees during gusts of wind these days.

There are some health benefits to offset the crippling hay fever:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/heallth-benefits-of-pine-pollen-4066991

There will be plenty of insects this year, but also insect predators. Already I've heard some of our local frogs emerge from dormancy and croak quite a bit at night in our part of OC. Bats should also multiply in this season of plenty.

My .02c

Mety said:
Coming of the plague?

Another discussion. (Previously discused in depth by Belly and I)
- When you do nothing about homeless. Potential outbreak from homeless. (already happened in SD and other parts)
- (new one) anti vaccination movement can potential spread to other people.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Coming of the plague?

- When you do nothing about homeless. Potential outbreak from homeless. (already happened in SD and other parts)

Can you give us the link you and BTB discussed this in depth?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Coming of the plague?

Can you give us the link you and BTB discussed this in depth?

Moving topic to another thread...since it has nothing to do with dust.  ;)

Back