Author Topic: Tesla Model Y  (Read 12474 times)

Offline Compressed-Village

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 331
  • -Received: 244
Re: Tesla Model Y
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2020, 12:19:34 PM »
I just like driving EVs... once you experience that quick pickup and quiet ride... not to mention not having to go to a gas station ever again... very hard to go back to dinosaur mode.

Like many, I prefer to drive the latest technology... but then again, that's why I lease.

I guess I got a Buffet mentality, buy to own, my car is old, haven't had a payment in years...more tech also means potentially more electronics that break down over time, I guess why a lot of you lease, swap cars every few years.  Leasing means you'll have car payments forever too.  Unfortuanately I don't have enough $ to buy a car every few years either.

With the GDP drop like a rock for 2nd quarter, we need more people like IHO. Open their pocket wide and spend more. I’ve over spent years ago.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 417
  • -Received: 671
« Reply #196 on: Yesterday at 10:21:50 AM »
Fact: car sales are down, people are keeping their cars longer. I think during a recession/pandemic not that many give a #### about new cars. In other words demand is lower now.

If the work from home thing becomes permanent or even a hybrid of 2-3 days in office and the rest at home, it’s going to be harder to justify spending 600-1000/month on a lease. For that little of driving may as well get a Toyota.

Oc car sales down 22% according to oc register.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2486
  • -Received: 3830
  • 3CWG
« Reply #197 on: Yesterday at 11:02:46 AM »
YOLO and FOMO. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 207
  • -Received: 230
« Reply #198 on: Yesterday at 04:01:59 PM »
Is that based on dealership sales?  Registration #s?  New and used?

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 417
  • -Received: 671
« Reply #199 on: Yesterday at 06:32:47 PM »
Is that based on dealership sales?  Registration #s?  New and used?

Oc register: In 2020’s first six months, 67,036 new cars were registered in Orange County, according to data compiled by Experian. These figures, tracking no-fleet retail sales for the industry group, show sales had dropped 4% last year from 2018.

Auto sales were hurt by stay at home orders seeking to slow the COVID-19 pandemic’s spread. That ensuing lockdowns throttled business activity and slashed employment.

The association found some solace in the fact that June’s sales were off just 7% vs. 2019, with trucks up 6% over 12 months. And the countywide, year-over-year drop of 23% was only slightly larger than the nationwide decline of 20%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2020/07/31/orange-county-auto-sales-plunge-22-tesla-model-3-top-selling-car/amp/

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2486
  • -Received: 3830
  • 3CWG
« Reply #200 on: Yesterday at 09:12:55 PM »
But Tesla is outselling all other EVs:

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/02/tesla-model-3-had-more-sales-than-2nd-3rd-4th-5th-6th-best-selling-plugin-vehicles-in-1st-half-of-2020/

While different electric vehicles may be #1 in different markets (the Renault Zoe in France, the Audi e-tron in Norway, the VW e-Golf in Germany), globally, there is no question which electric vehicle is the most popular. According to recently compiled data from EV Volumes, the Tesla Model 3 had nearly as many sales in the first half of 2020 as the 2nd best selling, 3rd best selling, 4th best selling, 5th best selling, 6th best selling, and 7th best selling plugin vehicles combined.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal