Author Topic: Tesla Model Y  (Read 42222 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Received: 4075
  • 3CWG
Re: Tesla Model Y
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2022, 05:20:49 PM »
Why not the Premium over the Select?
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 29
  • -Received: 123
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2022, 06:53:58 PM »
Why not the Premium over the Select?

Only two models are available: Select and GT, and I'm not paying $20k more for the GT.  :P

Offline marmott

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 38
  • -Received: 92
« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2022, 11:23:27 AM »
So when you thought the car going to explode, is it because of the battery pacK? I think this would be the first safety feature of any EV that a sensor would trip if a collision occur at X mph and disable all of the battery  and effective shut it down to prevent any fire to occur.

You don't disable a battery, you may stop drawing current from it but it cannot discharge all its energy. If the integrity of the battery is compromised by the crash there is a risk for one cell to ignite and for the adjacent cells to start igniting as well. A standard range M3 battery has something like 3000 cells, that's why EV batteries can reignite for days until there is nothing else to burn. I don't think batteries explode though.

New firefighting devices are being design to try to combat this but it's early days: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/11/new-firefighting-tool-delivers-water-directly-to-blazing-ev-batteries/

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2751
  • -Received: 4075
  • 3CWG
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2022, 11:34:11 AM »
Used Model Y's selling more than new:

https://electrek.co/2022/04/26/used-tesla-prices-out-of-control-model-y/

For example, this 2020 Model Y with over 30,000 miles on the odomoter is listed for $1,000 more than if you were to order the same configuration brand new:

The only benefit is that you can get it now versus waiting for 6-9 months for a new one.

What is most impressive is how the vehicle gain in value. Depending on when it was purchased in 2020, the vehicle is likely selling between $6,000 and $10,000 more than what it was purchased for brand new about two years ago.

We saw several other used Model Ys listed for more than an equivalent brand new Model Y, like this 2021 Model Y with 15,000 miles in Illinois listed for over $80,000:

I would actually sell my Model Y if there was another EV SUV out there that I could get at an equivalent replacement price. The only one that I like is the Rivian R1S but that won't be out in numbers for a long time.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal