Irvine may allow another 1,056 homes around Great Park

IHS3000 said:
The city is considering Fivepoint?s revised plan for housing (about 1,000+ residential units), office, R&D and retail at Base Camp of almost 300,000 sq ft (note: Cypress Village Shopping or Albertsons /Kohl?s is almost 180,000 sq ft).

Note: initial proposal was for 586 residential units.

http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/mobilemtgviewer.aspx?meetid=5745&doctype=Agenda#

index.php

index.php

Great Park Blvd is the red line that runs across in between lots: 591, 943, 604, 605, 921.

Lot 323 is near the tennis courts, the one acre playground and where the empty green aircraft hanger sits.

Beacon and Bosque streets are the lines running north and south on the right hand side.

Ridge Valley Rd is the red line which runs north and south on the furthest left hand side.

Bulk of the retail is closer to the Sports Park (Lots 921 and 323 and TSF = thousand square feet).

index.php

Attachments

• 8D6EE0FF-5636-42A8-94F7-F5DAE586ECB0.png
    8D6EE0FF-5636-42A8-94F7-F5DAE586ECB0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,495
index.php

index.php

District 5 and 6 (additions)

index.php

Attachments

• 6CD88B81-80B8-47FC-863E-6FBE19ECF428.png
    6CD88B81-80B8-47FC-863E-6FBE19ECF428.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,470
  • D0B8B4C5-1863-4C99-A1BE-42B86BEDC267.png
    D0B8B4C5-1863-4C99-A1BE-42B86BEDC267.png
    811.9 KB · Views: 1,455
davidchase said:
For those of us wanting Base Camp and the retail space ASAP are we hoping that this passes?

Base Camp was previously approved by the city for about 150,000 square feet of retail. The revised proposal that passed with the city commission just doubled the retail at Base Camp to about 300,000 square feet.

Five Point CEO recently mentioned they want to start (construction) in 2020.

Note: need OCBJ subscription to read it.

http://www.ocbj.com/news/2018/sep/24/what-will-irvine-look-20-years/

A couple days ago, the Irvine City Council approved the unit increase (1,000+ units) at the Great Park Neighborhoods (GPN) which should finally pave the way for the Base Camp plans (homes above retail) near the Great Park Sports Park.

During the meeting, the Five Point consultant discussed Novel Park prices (Nova starting at 400k), future GPN residential units at Base Camp and near the Irvine Train Station including homes in the possible 500K range.

http://irvine.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=68&clip_id=4654

index.php

Attachments

• 36EFC054-29B5-477B-BAB3-A9242E76429C.png
    36EFC054-29B5-477B-BAB3-A9242E76429C.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 785
Homes are getting built right on time. Retails (Base Camp)? Not so.

Don't get me wrong. I would be one of the happiest people if GPN finally gets some retails and I understand it's not completely 5P's fault, but it's just not happening yet.

Mety said:

Don't get me wrong. I would be one of the happiest people if GPN finally gets some retails and I understand it's not completely 5P's fault, but it's just not happening yet.

Sounds like they?re buildings homes on top of the base camp retail so if that?s the case, they would come at the same time. Assuming they get tenants in there in a timely matter.

bones said:
Mety said:

Sounds like they?re buildings homes on top of the base camp retail so if that?s the case, they would come at the same time. Assuming they get tenants in there in a timely matter.

Yeah, let's see. hopefully we don't have to wait another 7 years.

Mety said:
bones said:
Mety said:

So you don?t shop outside the city for cheaper prices. (Like our Buddy)

eyephone said:
Mety said:
bones said:
Mety said:

I'm not as smarty pants as BTB or you.
I would rather stay in Irvine and save time rather than money.  8)

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
bones said:
Mety said:

I'm not as smarty pants as BTB or you.
I would rather stay in Irvine and save time rather than money.  8)

It?s called strategic planning with the cash.  :D

Back