Property Manager vs Manage your own rental ?

NicholasHunter

I don't think the flyer would load but here is a copy and past of the general. I have a few houses in Irvine now and became to be an issue with all the work load it created. I interviewed a few property management companies. I felt Robber was by far the easiest to work with. I gave him one of my rentals to manage as a test and he really went above and beyond. His services are completely worth it for only $99 a month. 

West Coast Property Managers

Our mission at West Coast Property Managers is to help you reach financial goals in property performance and profitability.
Only $99 per month management
Free marketing on 63 different websites ? Tenant screening
Lease contracts
Direct deposits & other

Robert Brown?
951-660-7782

WeChat
NHBrealestate577

What's the new tenant acquisition fee?  What exactly does the $99 management fee include?  If you are going to post an ad, at least post all the relevant info.

His name is Robert. He is a good guy and has been very helpful! I had issues finding a reliable property manager.

Woodburyowner- I am not sure, you will have to call him directly.

NicholasHunter said:
His name is Robert. He is a good guy and has been very helpful! I had issues finding a reliable property manager.

Woodburyowner- I am not sure, you will have to call him directly.

You use this Property Manager and have no idea about the cost and details of his service?  Sounds sketchy..

I don?t have the breakdown in front of me. You could just give him a call yourself for details. Just thought i would share the good experience i have had.

Are you even looking for someone to help with a rental you may own?
No need to be a critic  ;) lol

We have a handful of rentals and never needed a property manager.  I have a list of vendors on deck that seem reasonable and tell the tenants to contact them directly for repairs.  I also have a handyman go through once every 6 months for 4 hours to at each property to change air filter and do any minor things tenants need.  It gives me ability to check in on the property and my tenants appreciate having some one come in to handle all the small random things like door not closing properly, or sink dripping, etc.  I might spend 15 minutes per month per rental.

Honestly, not sure why anyone would pay for a property manager if they are within a short drive to their rental unless they travel a lot for work.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Honestly, not sure why anyone would pay for a property manager if they are within a short drive to their rental unless they travel a lot for work.

But what if I have 500 doors?

As crazy as it sounds, the wealthiest people I know do have around 500 doors of all Class A property in West LA and they personally manage about 350 of them. They fired all their other property management companies because they could never find anyone to manage the way they want to.

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

As crazy as it sounds, the wealthiest people I know do have around 500 doors of all Class A property in West LA and they personally manage about 350 of them. They fired all their other property management companies because they could never find anyone to manage the way they want to.

When you have that many rental doors, you are more of a REIT/corp.  haha  But yeah, if it is one or a few rentals that are local then folks can easily manage their own rentals. 

Cares said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Most property management companies are lazy is what I have found reason I was sharing a company I found. Family owned business who really works for the owner in my opinion. If anyone lives out of state or out of the country if would be worth reaching out to Robert.

rkp said:
We have a handful of rentals and never needed a property manager.  I have a list of vendors on deck that seem reasonable and tell the tenants to contact them directly for repairs.

1. This list should be published here ASAP. :)

I also have a handyman go through once every 6 months for 4 hours to at each property to change air filter and do any minor things tenants need.

2. Please have this guy stop at my house every 6 months. What is the cost for this service?

irvinehomeowner said:
2. Please have this guy stop at my house every 6 months. What is the cost for this service?

$130 if you want a one off and middle man app like TAKL.

Probably less ($100?) if you line the same guy up to handle multiple properties and recurring business.

nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Probably less ($100?) if you line the same guy up to handle multiple properties and recurring business.

Seriously? You guys don?t even want to do the easy diy maintenance. What about the tankless water heater, that is a must do once a year. You have someone do it too? This is easy stuffs.

So Cal area tend to have "hard" water, so unless if you install water softener system, you should probably have your tank-less system  flushed/descaled/delimed more frequently.

Compressed-Village said:
nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Seriously? You guys don?t even want to do the easy diy maintenance. What about the tankless water heater, that is a must do once a year. You have someone do it too? This is easy stuffs.

Too old to do the easy stuffs. My time is better spent watching the NBA or playing hoops. :)

Back