Area between Furrow St. and Bella Vista in OH

joke4real

Please see the area marked in attached file. I think I put considerable amount of time to figure out what this area is, but cannot find it.

In satellite map, ground is already finished for construction, but really cannot find the details about this area.

Reason I got attention to this area is that it seems quite good location. Farther from toll road, better accessibility to the Culver than upper communities like Varenna. Maybe just next phase to Toll Brothers??

Attachments

• 20190225_092613340.jpg
    20190225_092613340.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 604
This site is called Orchard Hills Neighborhood 1 - Phase 3. 

The Orchard Hills 1, phase 3 was originally planned with 185 very large 4000+ s.f. home but in summer of 2017 it was modified and divided into 236 units at this site. 

Lot 1-60 are 60'x90'  5400 s.f. lots
Lot 61-189 are 50'x90'  4500 s.f. lots
Lot 190-236 are 50'x100' are 5000 s.f. lots.

Here's the lot map:

index.php

Goriot said:
See below.  These homes are $2.0mm+

4k to 5k square feet homes in 17010 and 17011.  Not sure when they will start building.
They are probably Amelia, Lucca clones.
http://gis.cityofirvine.org/PDF/FPP/SR202551.pdf

http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=150539

Wow..These files you attached are something I cannot think of looking for. I am just a guy looking for house and I took a look at the document..it is just whole new world to me. Getting to know new things and new area of business is always fun.

So...how do you think about the area? I think it can be the most premium location...View + good accessibility to outside + farther from toll road. 

lnc said:
This site is called Orchard Hills Neighborhood 1 - Phase 3. 

The Orchard Hills 1, phase 3 was originally planned with 185 very large 4000+ s.f. home but in summer of 2017 it was modified and divided into 236 units at this site. 

Here's the lot map:

index.php

-->These are meant to be lot size, correct? If so, 4500~5000 sf lot can be very attractive. Of course, if the developer decide to put 3800sf house on the 4500sf lot, which is getting more trendy this way, it will loose all my attention..

I found some houses in Stonegate and Orchard hills Strada plan , with around 3000sf & 4500~5000 lot. Price range 1.45~1.6, but just wished its school district is TUSD. It seems sellers for these houses are just getting more 'motivated'.

joke4real said:
Goriot said:
See below.  These homes are $2.0mm+

4k to 5k square feet homes in 17010 and 17011.  Not sure when they will start building.
They are probably Amelia, Lucca clones.
http://gis.cityofirvine.org/PDF/FPP/SR202551.pdf

http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=150539

Wow..These files you attached are something I cannot think of looking for. I am just a guy looking for house and I took a look at the document..it is just whole new world to me. Getting to know new things and new area of business is always fun.

So...how do you think about the area? I think it can be the most premium location...View + good accessibility to outside + farther from toll road.

This location is definitely better then the Pavoda, Varenna, and Genoa neighborhoods.  It's walkable to the "Resort" (pool, club house, tennis courts, etc.), OH School and less noise and smog from the toll road.  There are no views other then the Hillside and Avocado Grove.  But the problem for you is that we don't know when this area will be built.  I am thinking model homes will be coming at end of this year or during the summer.  Don't know.

Mety said:
Why wished for TUSD? Not a fan of IUSD?

I started putting my stories in TI last week. Main issue is narrowing down the area of house I am buying and it comes with kids issue, school issue. And school issue is normally related to school itself, but in Irvine, you know, the demographic issue. Very sensitive issue for me to touch because my family is the part of it. Nothing bad feeling about school itself, new facilities, some good teachers, some bad teachers,,good programs for distinguished students..and etc..

But, when I saw the class photo, I can tell clearly, I did not appreciate it. This is not real US. It is just an international school located in very good US soil. I don't disrespect the school itself, but cannot take this idea from my mind that it is a big stage of 21st century 'Trueman show' run by big brother, the Irvine Company.

If I can guarantee to my kids that  we all keep ourselves in Irvine for the rest of our lives, maybe we can just stay in this way. But it is not gonna happen. I wish and my kids will 'spread their wings and fly away' after high school or even earlier. Then, they will experience whole new 'welcome to america' and it will be too late for them to have another transition time..

So, I am planning to expose my family to non-Irvine environment step by step, and this is the reason that I am thinking TUSD.. 

joke4real said:
Mety said:

I started putting my stories in TI last week. Main issue is narrowing down the area of house I am buying and it comes with kids issue, school issue. And school issue is normally related to school itself, but in Irvine, you know, the demographic issue. Very sensitive issue for me to touch because my family is the part of it. Nothing bad feeling about school itself, new facilities, some good teachers, some bad teachers,,good programs for distinguished students..and etc..

But, when I saw the class photo, I can tell clearly, I did not appreciate it. This is not real US. It is just an international school located in very good US soil. I don't disrespect the school itself, but cannot take this idea from my mind that it is a big stage of 21st century 'Trueman show' run by big brother, the Irvine Company.

If I can guarantee to my kids that  we all keep ourselves in Irvine for the rest of our lives, maybe we can just stay in this way. But it is not gonna happen. I wish and my kids will 'spread their wings and fly away' after high school or even earlier. Then, they will experience whole new 'welcome to america' and it will be too late for them to have another transition time..

So, I am planning to expose my family to non-Irvine environment step by step, and this is the reason that I am thinking TUSD..

Be careful what you wish for.  TUSD would definitely limit the appreciation.  Try benchmarking properties from NWP and NP, you would see the difference quickly.

Ppl don't want to pay for the Irvine Premium when zoned to TUSD. 

Funkie said:
joke4real said:
Mety said:

Be careful what you wish for.  TUSD would definitely limit the appreciation.  Try benchmarking properties from NWP and NP, you would see the difference quickly.

House price appreciation is of course some that I should not miss, but it is not the top priority for me..

But thank you for the advice. Taking your advice, remind myself about El dorado and Emerson in Tustin. Current price is not crazy high to afford, of course, not hoping for appreciation either. Just based on my attention to Peters Canyon elementary school.

Funkie said:
joke4real said:
Mety said:

joke4real sounds like he cares more about finding a long term home that's going to be the best place for raising his family in the setting he desires, not looking to ride the property appreciation ladder. Those are two different approaches to buying a house.  This is his priority. Your priority may be max ROI, but not everybody's is. And that is fine. Gotta respect that. Personally, I would rather live in neighborhood that people are choosing for the long term, even if there is slightly less price appreciation, rather than a neighborhood where people are constantly churning to reap gains.

Joke4real, may I also suggest North Tustin Foothill High school area as a reasonable alternative in addition to Tustin Ranch and portions of Irvine in TUSD district. The homes are beautiful there; only you may have to be more comfortable with large lots (with privacy!) and some renovation.  North Tustin is still reasonably close to shopping, restaurants,  and job centers in Irvine/Central OC if that is a concern.

misme said:
Funkie said:
joke4real said:
Mety said:

joke4real sounds like he cares more about finding a long term home that's going to be the best place for raising his family in the setting he desires, not looking to ride the property appreciation ladder. Those are two different approaches to buying a house.  This is his priority. Your priority may be max ROI, but not everybody's is. And that is fine. Gotta respect that.

Joke4real, may I also suggest North Tustin Foothill High school area as a reasonable alternative in addition to Tustin Ranch and portions of Irvine in TUSD district. The homes are beautiful there; only you may have to be more comfortable with large lots (with privacy!) and some renovation.  North Tustin is still reasonably close to shopping, restaurants,  and job centers in Irvine/Central OC if that is a concern.

Yes! Foothill high, I heard they have also Ivy program.

My aunt recently finished remodeling 20 year old home in OC and told me never think about and just buy new house because of the hassles, wiating and schedule change and etc.. Speding 100K or more VS just buy 200K expensive new house became an debate between me and my wife.. If go to Tustin, major remodeling seems inevitable. But we will have at least twice bigger backyard, one of my little american dream.

joke4real said:
-->These are meant to be lot size, correct? If so, 4500~5000 sf lot can be very attractive. Of course, if the developer decide to put 3800sf house on the 4500sf lot, which is getting more trendy this way, it will loose all my attention..

I found some houses in Stonegate and Orchard hills Strada plan , with around 3000sf & 4500~5000 lot. Price range 1.45~1.6, but just wished its school district is TUSD. It seems sellers for these houses are just getting more 'motivated'.

Yes, those are the lot sizes.  Those dimensions are the minimum design requirements and some of the lots are actually bigger.  Most of the lot are around mid-5000 s.f. but  there are a few in the 7,000 to 8,000 s.f. range. 

Since there are 3 different size of lots, there will be 3 different products here and possible 3 different builders.  These lots are pretty expensive, I going to guess TIC is charging builders $1-$1.3m per lot and the home prices are over $2m. 

joke4real said:
Mety said:

I started putting my stories in TI last week. Main issue is narrowing down the area of house I am buying and it comes with kids issue, school issue. And school issue is normally related to school itself, but in Irvine, you know, the demographic issue. Very sensitive issue for me to touch because my family is the part of it.

But, when I saw the class photo, I can tell clearly, I did not appreciate it. This is not real US. It is just an international school located in very good US soil.

Would a white person see a class picture full of white kids say "we must go to a school that's more diversified? 

@joke4real:

Those TUSD schools that serve Irvine addresses more than likely have the same demographic makeup as the IUSD schools you are looking to avoid.

Funkie said:
joke4real said:
Mety said:

I started putting my stories in TI last week. Main issue is narrowing down the area of house I am buying and it comes with kids issue, school issue. And school issue is normally related to school itself, but in Irvine, you know, the demographic issue. Very sensitive issue for me to touch because my family is the part of it.

But, when I saw the class photo, I can tell clearly, I did not appreciate it. This is not real US. It is just an international school located in very good US soil.

Would a white person see a class picture full of white kids say "we must go to a school that's more diversified? 

Yes white people currently with kids in ?new? Irvine.

Funkie said:
joke4real said:
Mety said:

Well, I guess different feeling from different background.. I believe, your question and hypothesis is not that simple, equivalent to immigrant asian. Even among asians, there is big difference how to see the demographics, some people just feel secured and comfortable, some people like me start feeling somethings not right.. especially I've been doing international business about 10 years, dealing with all different countries and race. You move to somewhere and if you want a life with sense of reality, you need to get localized..

My point is, I am not trying to be a part of white people community or want to be white. Rather, I just want my family experience real american culture, manner, language, sports and etc... We just got here last year, so we still need a bit more time to fit in, but I want to explore outside of new Irvine. 

UnderContract said:
Joke4real - have you considered Baker Ranch in Lake Forest?

Someone told me, but didn't have a close look at it, because so many areas to see..@_@ and now trying to narrow down..

Should I at least visit the Baker ranch, you think?

joke4real said:
UnderContract said:
Joke4real - have you considered Baker Ranch in Lake Forest?

Someone told me, but didn't have a close look at it, because so many areas to see..@_@ and now trying to narrow down..

Should I at least visit the Baker ranch, you think?

Like right next to the jail?

Back