2010 Irvine New Home Collection

woodburyowner

Just wanted to start a thread on the 2010 Irvine New Home Collection.

I visited Montecito and Sonoma over the last 2 weekends and they were flooded with people. This is before they even advertised that they were open! Just to get on the waiting list, you need to go through a full doc loan approval process. According to the loan agent for Montecito, they already have 60 pre-qualified buyers on the list.

I never would have thought there were this many "real" qualified buyers on the market.

[quote author="woodburyowner"]Just wanted to start a thread on the 2010 Irvine New Home Collection.

I visited Montecito and Sonoma over the last 2 weekends and they were flooded with people. This is before they even advertised that they were open! Just to get on the waiting list, you need to go through a full doc loan approval process. According to the loan agent for Montecito, they already have 60 pre-qualified buyers on the list.

I never would have thought there were this many "real" qualified buyers on the market.[/quote]
Not surprising...do you know if they are offering broker coop commissions?

I have a friend that bought over in PS back in late 06/early 07. His wife and him are already looking in another area where there is more young family activity such as Woodbury, Ladera, Columbus Grove, etc.

Models are getting built right now. Grand Opening for all the communities is mid Jan.

[quote author="dethman"]didn't know they were open. do they have models built?[/quote]

Correct. The Sales Offices were not officially open (they were still setting up shop) 2 weeks ago, but they still talked to anyone who came in. I think they are officially open now though.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Are the sales offices open but not the models? I'm trying to understand where this flood of people occurred.[/quote]

So, to all the Irvine doubters out there... I still ask why do you think Irvine new home sales gets so much traction? Ivy at WBE and now this 2010 Collection.

If it's not FCBs... then what is it? Is TIC that good at brainwashing? Is it the California Room?

Where is bk?!?!?!?!?!?!

[quote author="woodburyowner"]
Not surprising...do you know if they are offering broker coop commissions?

Unfortunately, no broker coop. It feels like they can sell all the homes just through emails![/quote]
Interesting....didn't/don't they have broker coops for the Ivy condo over in East Woodbury?

[quote author="roundcorners"]I'm guessing T-man, that if the demand is there, why would you think TIC would want a middle-man...[/quote]
Just curious because other builders in other cities are still offering 3% broker coops...Toll/MBK/S&S over in Yorba Linda and S&S over in Laguna Niguel do.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Other cities need co-ops... this is IRVINE... FCBs bring all cash and no realtor.[/quote]
My bad, I forgot that Irvine was special. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Drove by Sonoma and Montecito lots. Looks like they are finished with the models and are building additional units of housing in the vicinity. I'm guessing that all the pre-qualified buyers who pre-registered already picked their lots and the builders are building them. Wonder if there will be any units left to buy by the time they officially open the models (Feb 2010).

So what is the allure of buying in a community with high hoa and mello roos? (say $700-$1000 for hoa+mello per month.)

[quote author="kayochan"]So what is the allure of buying in a community with high hoa and mello roos? (say $700-$1000 for hoa+mello per month.)[/quote]
New house smell?

I totally understand the mentality behind wanting to be the first owner of a home and also wanting to buy new. One thing is there is less worry about negotiations and other bidders, the price they advertise is what you usually pay and if you are the first one to commit, you usually will get it regardless of other people coming in wanting to offer more.

And I think many new home buyers don't really think about HOAs and Mello Roos in terms of how it affects the actual purchase price.

The floorplans aren't really what I'm looking for but I'll be there when they open the model homes and will probably be tempted.

[quote author="kayochan"]Drove by Sonoma and Montecito lots. Looks like they are finished with the models and are building additional units of housing in the vicinity. I'm guessing that all the pre-qualified buyers who pre-registered already picked their lots and the builders are building them. Wonder if there will be any units left to buy by the time they officially open the models (Feb 2010).

So what is the allure of buying in a community with high hoa and mello roos? (say $700-$1000 for hoa+mello per month.)[/quote]

FYI - Models @ Montecito are planned to open on Jan 30, 2010. The homes for phases 1,2,and 3 are currently being built but they have not been sold yet to anyone. They are just getting a head start, because, according to the sales agent, they are planning to get all 3 phases moved in by June of '10.

there are really no alternatives in irvine right now. if you want to buy a starter SFR, there are barely any resales on the market and montecito is priced lower than any resale.

also, to be fair, the HOA is $105 a month and you actually get nice facilities for this price. the MRs are the norm in irvine so either live with it or move to another city (i've decided to live with it)...

[quote author="kayochan"]
So what is the allure of buying in a community with high hoa and mello roos? (say $700-$1000 for hoa+mello per month.)[/quote]

those of you keeping track of the collection; please inform us of the official Grand Opening date... the one where TIC makes a huge deal with a lot of PR & stuff...

[quote author="roundcorners"]those of you keeping track of the collection; please inform us of the official Grand Opening date... the one where TIC makes a huge deal with a lot of PR & stuff...[/quote]

Yes please keep me updated...I need a another $10 coupon for The Counter...yummy! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Back