KB Home Genoa at OH

shadyoc

I saw them constructing the model homes.  I couldn?t find any information. Anyone know how many sq ft and anticipated starting prices?  Nice cul de sacs but no views.

Do you know the exact location? We can probably find the floorplans on the City of Irvine website.

I was wondering the same thing. I saw model homes being constructed just south of the Meadow Park near the intersection of Fallen Branch and Woody Knoll, so I believe they'll be building on the tract of land along Fallen Branch in Phase II of the Groves (near Varenna and Padova).

Floor plans aren't up on the KB home website yet, but Google Maps says that the models are scheduled to open March 31.
https://www.kbhome.com/new-homes-orange-county/genoa-at-orchard-hills#salesoffice

I can't find anything in the Irvine planning commission agendas. I went back as far as Padova and Varenna.

It was going to get built then the builders noticed the RE slowdown so they are not progressing as fast.

Of course I'm kidding, but who knows?  ;)

Wonder if these were another builders lots, sold to KB to build out?

This happened at Iron Ridge, Lake Forest. The Master Community builder was taking forever and a day to get infrastructure and models completed. The builder sold KB Homes 30 or so lots. I think KB has built them out already but they have some standing inventory - Highmark at Iron Ridge.

My .02c

It could be excess of Varenna lots, on some old maps Varenna and the new KB location are one tract.

I don't know about Varenna's sales history. Was it a success, meh, or dud?

My .02c

All I can find is that there will be 169 lots and KB is pulling permit to build model home in lots 1,2 and 3.

index.php

Attachments

• Genoa permit info.jpg
    Genoa permit info.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 2,430
Like the cul de sac lots.  But have to see the floorplans.  I do not remember the Palo Alto floorplans.

Perhaps I wasn?t paying to much attention but the are essentially all the same floor plan. Our house is 3000 sq ft and have the same number of rooms, even a formal dining room. Not sure why it?s so hard to get a little more creative with floor plans. With some innovation perhaps people would be willing to buy these. At upwards of 500/sq ft I can?t see these selling well at all

qwerty said:
Perhaps I wasn?t paying to much attention but the are essentially all the same floor plan. Our house is 3000 sq ft and have the same number of rooms, even a formal dining room. Not sure why it?s so hard to get a little more creative with floor plans. With some innovation perhaps people would be willing to buy these. At upwards of 500/sq ft I can?t see these selling well at all

These floor plans are well selected which have been tested by the market. It is just too costly to test the market with new floor plans.

talkirvine said:
qwerty said:

These floor plans are well selected which have been tested by the market. It is just too costly to test the market with new floor plans.

The floor plan in and of itself is a great floor plan. I have pretty much the same floor plan. The problem is the value. At some point larger rooms become wasted space. Our great room is pretty large and already feels like wasted space, same thing in our master bedroom (and bath and closet). Our secondary bedrooms are just the right size, any bigger and they would start venturing into wasted space land.

kB already has a quality perception. And trying to get $500/sq ft. As the quote goes, ?good luck? (in Albanian accent)

Are those two grey boxes at the back on every foorplans the AC units? I really hope not for houses in that price range...

marmott said:
Are those two grey boxes at the back on every foorplans the AC units? I really hope not for houses in that price range...

Looks like it. They?ll probably charge you $3-5k to upgrade to slim units that can fit in the sideyard.

Back