Who is brave enough to try this!

Irvinecommuter

34117314_10156329307467836_5399658130348965888_n.jpg

Apparently this has been going on for awhile, I just found out it exists today.

I never had Long John Silvers but fast food seafood  :eek: 

Probably better off just going to Hometown Buffet or Golden Corrall if you want to go budget buffet.

USCTrojanCPA said:
momopi said:
I believe they have baked and grilled fish option.

I doubt their fish is of good quality.  I'll stick to wild salmon and other fish at higher end restaurants.

Yeah...only way one can tolerate bad fish is to fry it.  Tilapia is inedible otherwise.

Back in my prehistoric times, Long John Silver's used to be the only place you could really get seafood in a fast/casual environment.

Is there even one around Irvine?

Back in 1982 my aunt used to run a Fish and Chips franchise in Artesia. 

H. Salt Fish and Chips actually started earlier than Long John Silvers, and is still around LA/OC area:  http://www.hsalt.com/

However I donno what fish they're using these days.  Back in 1980s I think we used Iceland Cod, which saw its population decline and rebound over the past 40 years.

I'll confess early on this one. Would not try. Had a very rough time after eating at the one on Harbor and the 405. This was 10+ years ago. For me LJS = Gas Station Sushi.

Anyone seeing a bunch of new Poke Bowl places popping up? Reminds me of the FroYo boom a few years ago when there were new places opening on almost every corner. Any good (aka "safe") PB places to try?

My .02c

I do not recommend poke bowls at all. I highly doubt they use any good quality fish. I'm sure they get some third tier fish from a country you never knew existed and just marinate a bunch so it won't smell as bad. Also they keep the raw fish in their cartridges so that alone will not maintain the qualify of the fish for a day. I'm not saying if you eat any poke bowls, you will get sick. But if you are sensitive with the quality of the fish, then you shouldn't eat those. The bad fishes are to be eaten cooked at least not raw.

momopi said:
H. Salt Fish and Chips actually started earlier than Long John Silvers, and is still around LA/OC area:  http://www.hsalt.com/

Oh yeah. Forgot about this one.

H.Salt was actually the first fast/casual fish&chips place my parents ever took me to. I went to Long John's later.

Mety said:
I do not recommend poke bowls at all. I highly doubt they use any good quality fish. I'm sure they get some third tier fish from a country you never knew existed and just marinate a bunch so it won't smell as bad. Also they keep the raw fish in their cartridges so that alone will not maintain the qualify of the fish for a day. I'm not saying if you eat any poke bowls, you will get sick. But if you are sensitive with the quality of the fish, then you shouldn't eat those. The bad fishes are to be eaten cooked at least not raw.

Haha. That?s David Chang?s PSA to everyone. Don?t eat at those poke places.

bones said:
Mety said:

Did you enjoy my copy & paste?

Mety said:
bones said:
Mety said:

Or are you David Chang?!?!?
Hook me up with a majordomo ressie and send me a crack pie.
I?ll take that over some enviro hazard sheet any day.

Majordomo...go somewhere else, it wasn't worth it and I wouldn't go back

bones said:

bones said:
Mety said:
bones said:
Mety said:

Or are you David Chang?!?!?

I'm David Chase. Close enough? Just kidding. ;D
I think there is a sn by David Chase in TI.

Back