Why America?s New Apartment Buildings All Look the Same

fortune11

Interesting read , explains a lot .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-13/why-america-s-new-apartment-buildings-all-look-the-same?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-economics&utm_content=economics&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Interesting read indeed, thanks for posting.

Can't believe they are allowed  to build an 18-story dormitory out of wood beams, that's just crazy.

fortune11 said:
Interesting read , explains a lot .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-13/why-america-s-new-apartment-buildings-all-look-the-same?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-economics&utm_content=economics&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Not enough affordable housing, driving innovation for lower cost. Good read. Thanks

All of these wood framed apartments are terrible when it comes to sound insulation. Brand new "luxury" apartments that cost $2k/month for a 1 bed such as Avalon Huntington Beach, The Alton Irvine, etc, you can hear your neighbor above you walking around! You can hear each footstep almost! Never had this issue with much older buildings. It's such a sham.

superbobbay said:
All of these wood framed apartments are terrible when it comes to sound insulation. Brand new "luxury" apartments that cost $2k/month for a 1 bed such as Avalon Huntington Beach, The Alton Irvine, etc, you can hear your neighbor above you walking around! You can hear each footstep almost! Never had this issue with much older buildings. It's such a sham.

It could depend on the neighbor you live with, but I think older ones are carpeted so it could lessen the footstep noise whereas newer apartments have all vinyl wood looking floors. From my experience, older ones gave me no privacy at all. I could hear their conversation like I was living with them together and they were not yelling. The newer ones definitely gave me less noise issue, but I could still hear loud TV noise.

Back