Concordia East Neighborhood

ecsoriano

Good morning!

We are moving to Irvine in April and are considering renting a home in the Concordia East neighborhood. I would love to get some feedback if you are familiar with the neighborhood.

Is the neighborhood loud due to its proximity to Concordia University, and the dorms in particular? Any traffic problems (ie: turning left onto Ridgeline drive from Concordia East, or heavy traffic when the university holds events)? Are there kids in the neighborhood (we have a 10- and 12-year old -- don't need lots of kids but a few would be nice!)? Any other reason you would hesitate to rent there? We will likely be there 2-3 years.

Thank you so much for your help!

The several times that I drove into the Concordia East neighborhood to show homes to buyers, I've never heard any noise or saw a lot of traffic.  From what I remember seeing, there were older kids in the neighborhood.  I would think that it'd be a very nice place to live.

Exiting Concordia from the east is very difficult.  You'll need to make a left turn onto Ridgeline from a stop sign.  During rush hours, cars are lining up on Ridgeline as they are waiting to turn right from Ridgeline to University Dr., so there is hardly room for you to cut in.  During non-rush hours, cars are at a speed of 50+ mph on Ridgeline, so making a left turn is still not easy.

IMO, this neighborhood is one of the hidden gems in Turtle Rock.  Concordia-East (not speaking for West), is very quiet, with mostly long term owners, and safe / away from the noise or hassle of the university.  As USCTrojan said, mostly middle/high school kids though some families with younger (elementary age or babies) children have recently moved in. Park and pool well maintained, great neighborhood if you like to walk hike - easy access to trails, plus walking inside the gate is quite safe.  As a result, several parents allow 6-10 year olds to go by themselves to the park, or to each others homes  - so you'll see more kids hanging out independently at the park or riding their bikes - our kids LOVE to visit their friends in this community for this reason (one of the rare places they and other kids seem to have relative independence)
A girl scout group meets monthly at the clubhouse, sponsored by one of the homeowners.
Newer homes, high ceilings, 3 CW garages. Well maintained. HOA is well run and staff /board is very respectful / reasonable. neighbors are super helpful / friendly, but not in-your-business
Best location is first few homes as you turn on to Ascension (the ones just before the pool), as they have no neighbors in front or behind, so the breeze is fantastic. Also, near-complete privacy as you cant really see neighbors on either side due to the slope.  If work location wasnt an issue, this would be our first choice community to live in (we have lived in newport coast, woodbridge, oak creek, bonita canyon - as points of comparison)

Two issues I know of:
One, getting out on ridgeline at certain times of day is a hassle
Some view homes further up on the hill (on Blessing I think) are seeing some soil shifting on the slope

Hope this helps, good luck!

Back