$800,000 townhomes come to market in Irvine?s business district

Not that I'm into 3 story condos, but if I were, it makes a lot more sense to buy one in a mixed use area like the IBC than out in the boondocks like the Great Park Neighborhoods.

Speaking of condos in the IBC, KB homes is clearing a huge lot on the corner of Alton and Von Karman just a couple blocks away from Diamond Jamboree. The homes should sell well at that location, especially if KB prices them right.

Looking at these again, they are not close to 405. Their location is superb and seems like they feed to IUSD with Uni High according to Redfin school zones. If that's true, they are good buy. The only drawback is the price. I like plan4 and they are almost $1m. That's a little stretch IMHO. But that's how things are in EW and GP also...

marmott said:
No MR, that's a plus.

The site plan and floor plans are here:http://luxirvine.com/homes/

Plan 1 is a YUCK. No bathroom on the entry level. Bathroom on 2nd floor is awkwardly on the stairs. Stacked washer/dryer too. I personally dislike that the sink is on the island and not near the stove top.

Mety said:
Looking at these again, they are not close to 405. Their location is superb and seems like they feed to IUSD with Uni High according to Redfin school zones. If that's true, they are good buy. The only drawback is the price. I like plan4 and they are almost $1m. That's a little stretch IMHO. But that's how things are in EW and GP also...
Is Uni the closest one, in my mind it?s like 30 mins in rush hour... for urban folks, location is better.  EW/GP is closer to typical family stuff tho, especially kids doing after school activities

AW said:
Mety said:
Is Uni the closest one, in my mind it?s like 30 mins in rush hour... for urban folks, location is better.  EW/GP is closer to typical family stuff tho, especially kids doing after school activities

Depends on what after school activities. Little dynasty chinese school is right on Gillette. Also lots of sports oriented stuff along jamboree like momentum sports, etc.

When they say Townhomes in the $800s, does that mean a 1,587 sq/ft 3 bedroom Townhome will start in the $800s?

bones said:
AW said:
Mety said:

Depends on what after school activities. Little dynasty chinese school is right on Gillette. Also lots of sports oriented stuff along jamboree like momentum sports, etc.
Just looking at the area around IBC, it's just that, bunch of office buildings, complexes and close to the airport (which is great for certain folks).  I think the closest green park is bill barber park. 
EW/GP, tons of local green parks everywhere, like when you get the city of irvine catalog of things to do for kids and family, they use alot of the local parks and schools.
Definitely urban/suburban difference I think

AW said:
bones said:
AW said:
Mety said:

Just looking at the area around IBC, it's just that, bunch of office buildings, complexes and close to the airport (which is great for certain folks).  I think the closest green park is bill barber park. 
EW/GP, tons of local green parks everywhere, like when you get the city of irvine catalog of things to do for kids and family, they use alot of the local parks and schools.
Definitely urban/suburban difference I think

Not disputing that. Just saying it?s not completely family UNfriendly. Maybe other dads can chime in, but I drive my kids all over town (and other towns) for their activities. Proximity to schools is probably more important. It?s not super far from Uni but it?s also not like living in northwood and going to northwood high so I can see that point.

Is that you Panda?  You're better looking then I imagined...I always thought of you as a black and white fat looking asian...

zubs said:
Is that you Panda?  You're better looking then I imagined...I always thought of you as a black and white fat looking asian...

Hah. Po is big-boned.

But yes, Johns Creek Panda is looking mighty slim. It's because Georgia is so hot so he's sweating all the time. :)

The bedrooms, including the master, look fairly small.  I think these will appeal to DINKs or college kids/beginning professionals (parents will buy or assist with the purchase) and the downstairs bedroom can be rented out for extra cash flow.

I think these are sort of comparable to new GP homes since they are kind of similar floor plans with 3 stories. Having Irvine school districts with University High, do you guys think these might be a better value than GP homes? Also no MR on top of that is a huge plus. For those younger folks, they might also like this location better since it's closer to Costa Mesa.

Mety said:
I think these are sort of comparable to new GP homes since they are kind of similar floor plans with 3 stories. Having Irvine school districts with University High, do you guys think these might be a better value than GP homes? Also no MR on top of that is a huge plus. For those younger folks, they might also like this location better since it's closer to Costa Mesa.

I say good to live but not for an investment.

Back