New Listing - Sherman Oaks Home (4709 Tyrone Ave)

usctrojancpa

I listed a relatively newer SFR located in Sherman Oaks (near where 101 and 405 Freeways) earlier this morning.  The home was built in 2007 and features approx. 3,500sf of living space, 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, and an upstairs loft.  The home is listed at $1,549,900.

PM me or email (mmania001@yahoo.com) if you are interested in seeing it.

I'll be holding an open houses will be this weekend of Saturday, Jan 26th and Sunday, Jan. 27th from 1-4pm.

Here is the Redfin link:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sherman-Oaks/4709-Tyrone-Ave-91423/home/21881295

Pictures and the virtual tour are in the link below:

www.4709Tyrone.com

If for whatever reason any of you will be in the area, feel free to drop by and say hello.

I see that this property has a school systems as follows:
Chandler Learning Academy: 8
Van Nuys Middle School: 2
Van Nuys Senior High School: 8

Does anyone know why middle school ratings are usually lower?  I see this a lot.  That rating is based on a standardized test right?

I'd be surprised if anyone in that neighborhood sends their kids to either Van Nuys middle or high school - total bottom of the barrel LAUSD. Plenty of really good private schools in the Valley - better selection than OC.

OCtoSV said:
I'd be surprised if anyone in that neighborhood sends their kids to either Van Nuys middle or high school - total bottom of the barrel LAUSD. Plenty of really good private schools in the Valley - better selection than OC.

The HS is an 8.  What's wrong with an 8?  Northwood Elementary in Irvine is a 7..

OCtoSV said:
Are you familiar with Van Nuys? It's the armpit of the SFV.

I mean what gave it away?
Was it the huge black iron wrought gate in front of this property?
1.5 million and it's gotta be buttoned up like some ghetto crap hole in east LA.

OCtoSV said:

+1  There are many very good private schools close by to pick from. 

zubs said:
OCtoSV said:
Are you familiar with Van Nuys? It's the armpit of the SFV.

I mean what gave it away?
Was it the huge black iron wrought gate in front of this property?
1.5 million and it's gotta be buttoned up like some ghetto crap hole in east LA.

This home and the home next to it were built in 2007 (they originally were older homes that were torn down) and the builder put in the wrought iron gates in.

After a few lightening fast counters, the buyer and seller have come to terms and we will be opening escrow on Monday.  I'll change the status of the listing once the buyer's deposit is wired over to escrow.

Got word from escrow that we officially closed earlier today.  The sales price was $1,475,000.  Congrats to both the buyer and seller. 

Back